Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Our Autotrail Miami has its original stereo (2007) and it has no auxiliary input or bluetooth. The CD player is also faulty so we're stuck with a radio only. We want to change it for a better one but it is connected to a complicated looking audio system.
There is a DVD player that runs through the same swivelling screen as the reversing camera but we don't need that part of it as we have two TVs on board (I know!)
Can anyone advise what is the best thing to do? We are currently in Spain and our trip South was very quiet without any kind of onboard Audio for 1000 miles once we left the UK. I would like to have it done locally for the sake of our relationship and our sanity on the way home.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Be very careful if you are on an Iveco chassis as some have a immobilizer that will cut the engine if the radio is disconnected requiring a main dealer to reset it , I worked for Iveco and had to go to a few people who tried to fit after market radios.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Be very careful if you are on an Iveco chassis as some have a immobilizer that will cut the engine if the radio is disconnected requiring a main dealer to reset it , I worked for Iveco and had to go to a few people who tried to fit after market radios.
Thanks Lofty. It's a Renault Master so hopefully this won't apply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you are not worries about playing DVD's in it and have a video input/output then almost anything will be fine
They use the standard Europlugs so it is really a simple case of unplugging the old and plugging in the new

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
If you are not worries about playing DVD's in it and have a video input/output then almost anything will be fine
They use the standard Europlugs so it is really a simple case of unplugging the old and plugging in the new
Thanks Jaws. Great news

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back