LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hope you don't mind but I looked at them too ... Lovely memories. Thank you.

Reactions: GJH

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou so much Graham lovely pics I want a camera like your such lovely cris clear pics THANKYOU X

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Lovely pics. Haven't seen the Blackpool lights for years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks for all the kind comments.

There's nothing special about the camera. It's only a Canon Ixus 155, chosen as much for the ease of carrying it in a pocket as much as anything else :D Also, I'm no good at all at using a conventional viewfinder so have to have a camera with a rear display screen otherwise I miss the bits I want :D

As for the crispness of the photos, you should see the ones I deleted :D

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Where did you stay Graham??
South Shore Cricket & Squash Club. Several C&CC DAs/sections and the MCC have rallies there through the year. It was £8.50 a night this time and I think that's pretty standard. There are buses from outside into Blackpool and St Annes/Lytham through the day but they stop at about 6:30 in the evening. A taxi back from near the Tower on Sunday was £10.40 plus tip.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
South Shore Cricket & Squash Club. Several C&CC DAs/sections and the MCC have rallies there through the year. It was £8.50 a night this time and I think that's pretty standard. There are buses from outside into Blackpool and St Annes/Lytham through the day but they stop at about 6:30 in the evening. A taxi back from near the Tower on Sunday was £10.40 plus tip.

you mean to say you didn't freeload .. I mean wild camp on the prom.. tisk tisk.. (shakes head and hides.. ) ;)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

£10.50 then

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Isn't it interesting how we all differ.

I am quite glad to hear that people still enjoy Blackpool - as for us we live too close (about 50 miles) and find the place so dirty and tacky that we never go by choice (I do have to go for work regularly though).
It is one of the most deprived areas in the UK with all the associated issues from that but without people visiting it would be much much worse so maybe we should give it another try.

Jen

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Isn't it interesting how we all differ.

I am quite glad to hear that people still enjoy Blackpool - as for us we live too close (about 50 miles) and find the place so dirty and tacky that we never go by choice (I do have to go for work regularly though).
It is one of the most deprived areas in the UK with all the associated issues from that but without people visiting it would be much much worse so maybe we should give it another try.

Jen
This was the third time in three years that we had stayed at South Shore Cricket Club. The location is great for visiting other places to the north and south along the coast as well as Blackpool itself.
Blackpool is good at being Blackpool and, no doubt, people who expect anything being different would be disappointed. It certainly does tat better than the likes of Rhyl and Ingoldmells (which I think are more tacky myself :D).
Behind the scenes there are some run down streets but that's the same as many towns these days. One of my great grandmothers (after the death of her husband) had a guest house at 3 Bute Avenue (off Dickson Road), next door to her sister in law's guest house. I have a photo taken about a hundred years ago and the area was quite respectable. It's nowhere near as nice now but somewhat less tatty than a few years ago when somebody took some photos for me.
On previous trips we had been wary about going into the town at night, especially on weekends, after hearing tales of stag & hen parties. This weekend, of course, that was unavoidable. We weren't out at the dead of night, of course, but people around were mainly family groups and couples and the atmosphere was safe and friendly.
The council put in a lot of money to refurbish the front and the tram network a few years ago so they deserve a reward for doing so. Some of the attractions are very expensive but there is plenty to do for people who don't want to spend a lot as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back