LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
My (new to me 05) Autotrail Scout has the Sargent ditgital display system, there is a couple of small problems will it,

The waist water indicator does not seem to be working it does not show any increase in volume when water is drained into it, it just shows 0% full. I suppose it could be a faulty or stuck sensor float? Or the Sagrent system could be faulty or possibly just need reprogramming? As suggested to me by autotrail customer service.

The outside temperature is flashing -26deg according to the “book” this means a faulty or damaged probe (where is it situated ?) or the connection is not made to the main unit? To add confusion it also seems not all vans have this sensor, so how do I find out ?

The van is in having its hab service, and they are going to look at these faults, but any info I can get will help my understanding of this unit and make sure I’m not bamboozled by the service people

thanks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the waste water float may well be gummed up with fat, try putting some washing powder in the tank and going for a drive to slosh it around abit. once cleared you should have full function back. If you do this at least once a year it should keep it free.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
the waste water float may well be gummed up with fat, try putting some washing powder in the tank and going for a drive to slosh it around abit. once cleared you should have full function back. If you do this at least once a year it should keep it free.

seems a good idea, if they cant find a proper fault durring the service I 'll fill it up with warm soapy water and drive like Jenson Button...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
As wildman say's probably sensor gummed up, think ot only registers 0%, 50%, 100% though

As for your temp sensor ,could be that it is not fitted and may be an extra, you can buy the sensor from the suppliers for about £9

Which control pannel do you have?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

territo

Free Member
May 16, 2009
In motorhome or in peru
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sargent control system

I understand that some of the control systems only show the waste tank is 0% or 100% and nothing in between.

If you have problems or questions about the Sargent systems as I did their man at the factory was very helpful. He is on 01482 678981.:thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
As wildman say's probably sensor gummed up, think ot only registers 0%, 50%, 100% though

As for your temp sensor ,could be that it is not fitted and may be an extra, you can buy the sensor from the suppliers for about £9

Which control pannel do you have?

Regards

mmm not to sure atm vans away being serviced, but I get a look later

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I understand that some of the control systems only show the waste tank is 0% or 100% and nothing in between.

If you have problems or questions about the Sargent systems as I did their man at the factory was very helpful. He is on 01482 678981.:thumb:

thanks for that...

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
We have a v reg mohican and the outside censor just comes out of
the floor underneath the m/h sticks out about an inch,it is directly in
line with the control panel.hope this is of some help.

regards
bald eagle

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Ok maybe you will see your control pannel Link Removed lot of info on the site you may find useful as well as tech data downloads .

Regards

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Ok maybe you will see your control pannel Link Removed lot of info on the site you may find useful as well as tech data downloads .

Regards

cheers its the ec200..

very usefull site,

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
We have a v reg mohican and the outside censor just comes out of
the floor underneath the m/h sticks out about an inch,it is directly in
line with the control panel.hope this is of some help.

regards
bald eagle

thanks will hace a crawl around later

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Seb
Territo is correct...despite what the manual says the waste tank only registers 0% full and 100% full, not trusting what the dealer told me I filled the waste tank to the top and sure enough it registered 100% full and started flashing.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi Seb
Territo is correct...despite what the manual says the waste tank only registers 0% full and 100% full, not trusting what the dealer told me I filled the waste tank to the top and sure enough it registered 100% full and started flashing.

Last time I was out in the m/h the only way I knew the tank was full was because it was overflowing out of the overflow making a nice puddle on the pitch.. I'm sure the display was still on empty

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Link Removed

looks like the 50% is optional:Sad:

I guess if your fresh water tank is full and waste water empty to start with, then when the fresh is empty the waste will be full.

Assuming they are both the same size:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Hi
If yours is similar to mine (the chieftain) the outside sensor is in a direct line underneath the control panel, hanging outside under the chassis. It looks like a piece of black and white speaker cable, with a shrinkable sleeving over the end. The sensor is inside this sleeving. It is yellow and about the size of a map-pin pinhead and has 2 wires coming out of it. This is what broke on mine, (I managed to solder mine back together though) you can source them on rs components and maplin they are called thermistors Link Removed . :thumb:
This is a bit cheaper than one from Autotrail, if you can use a soldering iron.
The other end of the wire is attached to the back of the control panel, and if the same as mine, has enough wire on it to actually install a set of speakers too!!. There is another pair of wires for the inside sensor, this is high up abve the control panel, in the cableway.
ATB
DaveT

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
:cry::cry::cry:

I think I'll set up a bucket under the overflow, when I hear it dumping I know its full:ROFLMAO:

Surely, if its optional there must be a take-off point on the circuit board for another sensor? Why not fit a simple resistance sensor in the side of the tank 1/2way up?

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Last time I was out in the m/h the only way I knew the tank was full was because it was overflowing out of the overflow making a nice puddle on the pitch.. I'm sure the display was still on empty
Hi Seb
sounds like you have a problem then, two ways to go.....
1.) the manual says remove front trim of display, undo the two small screws, pull panel forward and pull out the multi connector cable, this resets the panel and MAY solve the problem.
2.) if above fails ring Baldwins Motorhomes, ask for Guy in service, what he doesn't know about Autotrails is not worth knowing and a more helpful, friendly person you'll struggle to meet. Tel 01422 382333
cheers
Luffy

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi Seb
sounds like you have a problem then, two ways to go.....
1.) the manual says remove front trim of display, undo the two small screws, pull panel forward and pull out the multi connector cable, this resets the panel and MAY solve the problem.

done that, seems to make no differance

2.) if above fails ring Baldwins Motorhomes, ask for Guy in service, what he doesn't know about Autotrails is not worth knowing and a more helpful, friendly person you'll struggle to meet. Tel 01422 382333
cheers
Luffy

might have to resort to that later

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back