door fly screens???? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I think it would be quite wise to fit some sort of mozzy net to the door of our 1993 hymer campervan.
Has anyone done a diy fit and could reccommend a make?
I've seen the Fiamma ones but these seem a bit expensive?

blueraven

Free Member
May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
Mozinet

Hi

I've diy'd ours. Bought a kit for about £6 on ebay which you cut down to size, comes with stcky velcro which attaches all the way around the opening and then you literally stick two pieces to the velcro so that you have an opening in the middle. They also supply the weights for the bottom so that it doesn't blow too much.

It's okay, but when we had our caravan, I made my own which I have to say fitted better. I took a piece of net curtain (fine weave) with the channel for the elastic at the top, put hooks in the caravan over the inside of the door then measured the length, using wonderweb to create a hem at the bottom. Believe me, I am no seamstress, cannot even sew buttons on very well, but managed to get it to fit better than the kit that we have now. I used some dominoes in the bottom hem to weight it down.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I think it would be quite wise to fit some sort of mozzy net to the door of our 1993 hymer campervan.
Has anyone done a diy fit and could reccommend a make?
I've seen the Fiamma ones but these seem a bit expensive?

Everythings expensive! Fiamma kiits £21 less your Funsters discount if you phone.
We do a 2m x 1m mosquito net for £9.78p but I am sure you can buy standard white window net a lot cheaper.:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bevis on wheels

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
near Sheffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years but travelled for years
door screen

similarly I got some mozzie netting- charcoal colour so you can see through better- the sort described with weighted string at the bottom. I didn't use the sticky velcro stuff round the door as it's restrictive but tacked a hem in the top and slotted it onto a piece of dowelling. Two cup hooks scewed under the top of the frame hold the dowelling. It has worked through three summers in Greece and several Scottish trips ( those midges get through net curtains!):RollEyes:

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Try "The Better Blind Company" Window Blinds | Vertical Blinds | Venetian Blinds | VELUX blinds | Conservatory Blinds. I've just re-fitted my door nets after 7 years hard use, kids, grandkids, mother-in-laws etc. They sell glass-fibre black stuff similar to the original on my Autotrail. Also I've bought the aluminium frames to make retro blinds for home. Simple to make, and surprisingly sturdy (they're German though). They may fit in a camper too. Complete with hinges and catches. Not sure of your door shape, but if you can make the frame square, it shouldn't be a problem.
ATB
DaveT

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Hi
I fitted a kit I bought of ebay it's one with overlapping strips about 300mm wide, not up to much as the slightest breeze has them flying all over the place (and the bottom of the strips are weighted ):Sad:
regards sf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back