RV Lights (1 Viewer)

C

concar

Deleted User
hello all,
i have a 2006 damon daybreak 3272, it will need an mot at the start of next year as i live in N Ireland.
i have been told that the front headlights can be a problem as they are pointing in the wrong direction.
Anybody come across this problem before as our mot centres over here can be strict on these items?

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
hello all,
i have a 2006 damon daybreak 3272, it will need an mot at the start of next year as i live in N Ireland.
i have been told that the front headlights can be a problem as they are pointing in the wrong direction.
Anybody come across this problem before as our mot centres over here can be strict on these items?

Don't really know your van dude................are they round......oblong or square lights?? got a pic?

Boo

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
If your headlamps have a clear glass the chances are you have the headlamps with a flat beam.
You should be able to just get away with setting the aim to the left with the adjusters

When i imported our 2005 Fleetwood Revolution it had these headlamps and i got them set up in the HGV garage i used to work

I would sugest you find a local HGV garage and get them adjusted before your MOT,much better than a fail

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

concar

Deleted User
sort of rectragle shaped, i will post a picture tomorrow.
have you had any dealings with other rv lights?

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
sort of rectragle shaped, i will post a picture tomorrow.
have you had any dealings with other rv lights?

Yes, mine had 4 candle powered lights in when I got her.......2 headlights and 2 main beams and I swaped them all for duel lights so that all 4 come on with the headlights and all 4 have main beam now.................then I parked on a level backroad one night and adjusted them..........they are great now :thumb:

Oh and welcome

Boo

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi in case you don't know you will also have to sort the rear lights as well, if the indicators and brake lights use the same bulb.

Olley

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
As I understood it, American headlights do not point to either side, they point straight ahead and slightly down, so you shouldn't have to do anything with them.

OP
OP
C

concar

Deleted User
Yes thanks for all your help
I also spoke to a very helpfull man at at stateside tuning & he also said the lights just point straight.

regards

stuart

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
james (stateside) is correct. i have a 3272, same vintage. however, the lights are not very bright. recommend having them uprated - but must fit relays as wires are not very thick.

des

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back