Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We sold the last 3 Pennants at Stratford. :Smile: That took us a little over a year to sell 45 at £9.99 :Eeek: So we eventually made a couple of hundred quid profit Thanks to all those that bought:thumb::thumb:

At Stratford a few members suggested that the pennant was too small, especially when up top on a 13m pole. I have thought about this and decided that because "Fun" is becoming so well known, a large flag with the words "Fun" will make us instantly recognised on a site or rally field.

I have had some larger flags priced and I am sure we can get a 3ft by 2ft flag in two colours, (printed one side only) for around £15. we might get them even cheaper if we can get an order for 50. Before I order I would like to get a commitment to buy so that I am not left holding stock for another year.:Doh: If you would like one of these flags, shout up here and when I have around thirty names I will ask you to pay and then order them. I will have two so I am looking for at least another 28 names at least.

Would you like one? Remember its 3ft long by 2ft high

funflag.png

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Not being a miserable old Fart or anything like that but I have a Yorkshire White Rose flag same size ..cost me a fiver ..I think £15 for a 3foot x2 foot is a bit steep!!
I also have a St George pennant 5 feet long only £7 but ya pays ya money..etc etc etc..and they are very good quality

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not being a miserable old Fart or anything like that

Yes you are:roflmto:

Those flags are printed in their thousands, we want a custom run of 30 so we have to pay. Some quotes so far have come in at over £18 per flag:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I'm not an old fart:ROFLMAO:

Put me down for one please Jim:thumb:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years

Those flags are printed in their thousands, we want a custom run of 30 so we have to pay. Some quotes so far have come in at over £18 per flag:Eeek:

see if the old fart can get them done for you Jim as he seems to find other cheap flags :winky::winky::winky:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
What do I have to do to get the window stickers (2) and the flag I ordered back in April Jim?

I have harped on about them on several threads when you have mentioned them..............I even p.m'd you with no reply.........filled in the request form and paid by paypay for them and still I get nothing except ignored!!

I printed out the free one for the time being and mention the site to all and sundry who comes on the site with motorhomes............but I am starting to think twice now :Tongue1:

As you can tell I'm getting ****ed off!! :Angry:

Boo!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i said all along the pennants where too small for a 30ft pole...:shout:
(yes, i know they were meant for your wing aerial:winky:)

now we have a 'PROPER' flag i'll have one Jim...

cheers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Oh dear, we had our pennant on Sunday as we left Stratford and sadly it is already out of fash before being able to fly the colours so to speak :Blush::Blush::Blush:, although the larger size would be good for some it would still be good to have a choice of size for us wee ones:cry::cry:

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
Love the idea Jim, but honest and personal opinion is a), my preference would be for the MHF banner design displayed on the front of the marquee at Stratford, and b) I bought two flags at the show from `Wind Art' for £4 each?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
To late Jim - turned my pole into a fishing pole. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had one of the first ones that cannot be seen once it's been in the rain. :whatthe:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007

How Rude:roflmto: It's just an observation thats all... as long as it's of good quality then yea:thumb: and by the way these were not a big production run..I think it was a run of around 200 and they all sold in around 6 yes 6 weeks:Cool:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
How Rude:roflmto: It's just an observation thats all... as long as it's of good quality then yea:thumb: and by the way these were not a big production run..I think it was a run of around 200 and they all sold in around 6 yes 6 weeks:Cool:

That was the point I was getting at in my last comment.............some so called funsters are about as friendly as a bulldog with a bone on here..................don't take it to heart dude............it's just grumpy old man syndrome with some of them.

Boo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
To late Jim - turned my pole into a fishing pole. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had one of the first ones that cannot be seen once it's been in the rain. :whatthe:

should have got it changed free of charge for the MK2 'WATERPROOF' version.:thumb: (now sold out :ROFLMAO:)

the makers cocked up and didnt make the MK1 waterproof.:Doh:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
To be honest Boo it would take more than that to upset me..in my time I've been shot at spat at bricked etc..and even kicked in the cojones by a "lady" protester at Greenham Common (brought tears to me eyes that did) who called me some nasty names mostly about me parentage if ya catch me drift..15 quid for a flag just seemed a bit much thats all!!??:Doh::Doh:

I'll wait til I see one in the flesh so to speak!!!:Cool::Cool:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Love the idea Jim, but honest and personal opinion is a), my preference would be for the MHF banner design displayed on the front of the marquee at Stratford, and b) I bought two flags at the show from `Wind Art' for £4 each?

Not just me then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not being a miserable old Fart or anything like that but I have a Yorkshire White Rose flag same size ..cost me a fiver ..I think £15 for a 3foot x2 foot is a bit steep!!
I also have a St George pennant 5 feet long only £7 but ya pays ya money..etc etc etc..and they are very good quality

big difference here though Mondo,
a yorkshire white rose is not a unique design and yes, a production run of 200 is peanuts.....But the design is already out there to copy to your printing software so the cost is dramaticaly reduced.

the MHF design IS unique and the design would need to be programmed from scratch so obviously the cost is going to be higher for a run of just 50 flags:thumb:

Last edited:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
big difference here though Mondo,
a yorkshire white rose is not a unique design and yes, a production run of 200 is peanuts.....But the design is already out there to copy to your printing software so the cost is dramaticaly reduced.

the MHF design IS unique and the design would need to be programmed from scratch so obviously the cost is going to be higher for a run of just 50 flags:thumb:

Or in other words...............you are being charged to advertise someone elses business for them.........abit like GAP or BOSS.

Correct??

Boo

spider

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
AClass
Exp
flag

Hi new to MHF but 1 for me if you dont mind i might be able to find you all next meet lol
dave

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Or in other words...............you are being charged to advertise someone elses business for them.........abit like GAP or BOSS.

Correct??

Boo

no-ones forcing you to buy one Boo!!!!!!

the 'profits' also go towards keeping the fun website running WITHOUT charging a fee.

unless you imported your RV yourself i bet it has the dealers sticker on it somewhere.....everyone elses has/had......is that not also free advertising?

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Put me down for one.
Maybe we could have a few with "I'm a miserable git" on as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
no-ones forcing you to buy one Boo!!!!!!

the 'profits' also go towards keeping the fun website running WITHOUT charging a fee.

unless you imported your RV yourself i bet it has the dealers sticker on it somewhere.....everyone elses has/had......is that not also free advertising?

I DID BUY 2 DUDE!!! like my original post said................but never recieved them.............which is what my original rant was about if you read back. :winky:

Yes mine has the dealer's name on both reg plates............but I wasn't charged for them.

Anyone want to buy a Southwestasbestos.co.uk sticker from me?? £15 :ROFLMAO:

Boo

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
To be honest Boo it would take more than that to upset me..in my time I've been shot at spat at bricked etc..and even kicked in the cojones by a "lady" protester at Greenham Common (brought tears to me eyes that did) who called me some nasty names mostly about me parentage if ya catch me drift..15 quid for a flag just seemed a bit much thats all!!??:Doh::Doh:

I'll wait til I see one in the flesh so to speak!!!:Cool::Cool:

At the risk of causing an International incident the fact that Mondo is from Yorkshire may have something to do with his reluctance to part with his money.:winky::winky:
Put me down for one please.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
At the risk of causing an International incident the fact that Mondo is from Yorkshire may have something to do with his reluctance to part with his money.:winky::winky:
Put me down for one please.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Nowt wrong wi Yorkshire mi old son :thumb:

Oh I just noticed............your from lancs...........you must be asian then :ROFLMAO:

Boo

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
How about everyone renewing their pennant/flags with the new style to support the Funsters, then if there are any proceeds then it should go towards a second marquee for the funsters "Wet Days Outing Fund" :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back