Free aire in a lovely ancient fortified town. (1 Viewer)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Ahhh we went there early september. Perfect stop over from the A75. Lovely village

20150916_091557.jpg

.. police speed checking as you approach the town between the A75 and the village.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Nice vid, lovely village, many thanks for info

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Sorry for being thick, but are caravans allowed in Aires?
Cheers, Dave(y)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We would also recommend this as a great place to do the dogs vet checks so much cheaper than near the ports.Fab place don't tell anyone about it .....Martin

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
We were there a couple of weeks ago. It is a charming town, very pretty. When we parked up I did think that being on the side of a road the aire may be a bit noisy. How wrong I was. As soon as it went dark it was as though the place was switched off - absolute peace and quiet.

I can also recommend this aire.

KH

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We were there a couple of weeks ago. It is a charming town, very pretty. When we parked up I did think that being on the side of a road the aire may be a bit noisy. How wrong I was. As soon as it went dark it was as though the place was switched off - absolute peace and quiet.

I can also recommend this aire.

KH
Yes, we thought the same about noise but it was as quiet as any where we have stopped. Even in the morning there was no sound until a civilised hour despite there being a garage business right behind us.

Richard.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I hesitate to contradict anyone but we stopped on an Aire on the way down to Spain (we were in France at the time.)
The Aire specifically stated at the entrance that caravans were allowed and they dished out free 'lecky' as well as the other usual services.
The site was in the village of Martizay and it was one stop before Brantome.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I hesitate to contradict anyone but we stopped on an Aire on the way down to Spain (we were in France at the time.)
The Aire specifically stated at the entrance that caravans were allowed and they dished out free 'lecky' as well as the other usual services.
The site was in the village of Martizay and it was one stop before Brantome.

was it this one .. ?

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...ome-parking-aire-de-camping-car-martizay.aspx

https://goo.gl/maps/ijg82mo1cky

not wishing to contradict you either.. but there nothing on the description to suggest it allows caravans..

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Jim,

Thats the one.
I appreciate that there's nothing in the description on the Campercontact site but, at the entrance to the Aire it specifically states that caravans are welcome. (I knew I should have taken a photo)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim,

Thats the one.
I appreciate that there's nothing in the description on the Campercontact site but, at the entrance to the Aire it specifically states that caravans are welcome. (I knew I should have taken a photo)

no probs.. thanks for clarifying... (y)

always learning

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back