Washroom Makeover Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Evening Ladies & Gents

We love our Laika H710 and its overall layout enormously. We try to use the van as much as possible & intend to use it throughout the winter again this year...

However, we have a bit of a niggle, in that the washroom set-up doesn't working for us - the toilet is too high for SWMBO and too cramped for me, & the sink is too big. In addition, all the plastics are not only looking a little tired/faded, the pale mustard colour itself looks dated - a fresh plain white would make so much difference.

So, my question is, can anyone recommend a company to do this makeover? We're based in the south of Essex but are prepared to travel a bit to get it done. We think it'll make the van perfect for us...

Thank you

Steve

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
I can't answer with a recommended company but, suggest you widen your search to include boat ( narrow- and cruiser) companies. Many of the skills involved are much the same and the parts too and it seems to me that there are more companies doing up old boats than doing up motorhomes.

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi @Eeyore
Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.
I did do some research, but in the end the results were just a list of companies with glossy brochures and rave reviews by strangers. I was hoping that some kind funster could point me in the right direction with a personal recommendation.
Thanks
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Try O'Leary or Magnum - they have huge stocks.
Thanks Tony... do they just supply the bits or will they fit them too...

I suspect that the loo might need moving a bit (along with the black tank underneath too) so think it'll be more of an engineering job than diy

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Not sure how you can deal with the toilet height I'm assuming as you have a blck tank it's a marine pan I would start with searching for dimensions .Of marine pans everything else canbe source from o leagues or magnums wall boarding is available everywhere to cover up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Not sure how you can deal with the toilet height I'm assuming as you have a blck tank it's a marine pan I would start with searching for dimensions .Of marine pans everything else canbe source from o leagues or magnums wall boarding is available everywhere to cover up
Thanks @mitzimad . I think it's gonna get complicated, and therefore beyond me :D:D
Any personal recommendations of someone who can do it for me would be gratefully received (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back