Free Member
Oct 23, 2015
South Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer 660 Mercedes
Exp
first van
Hi, I have recently bought the above van and after a 6,000 mile trip to the North of Norway (fishing trip) have decided that it is a van for life. But, from 1990 until now it has worn a little on the inside and needs some restoration- new bathroom etc. Could anyone suggest the best way of getting a high quality job done?

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, I have recently bought the above van and after a 6,000 mile trip to the North of Norway (fishing trip) have decided that it is a van for life. But, from 1990 until now it has worn a little on the inside and needs some restoration- new bathroom etc. Could anyone suggest the best way of getting a high quality job done?

Hi Steve

Great choice! Suggest you request to join the closed Facebook group Classic Hymers. No charge but a wealth of information and help from a bunch of great people.

Perceived wisdom is that one of the best Hymer people in the UK is Peter Hambleton up here in Preston, Lancs. Last time I spoke he appears booked up for at least next 2 months! There are also a couple of guys on the FB group who have earned great respect and may be more in your geography

P.S. Subscribing to MotorHome Fun is a great idea too (only £15 I thinks and HUGE value) Lots of helpful people who all appear to be slightly unhinged :)

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hi Steve

Welcome to Fun

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steve downey

Free Member
Oct 23, 2015
South Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer 660 Mercedes
Exp
first van
Sue and Steve from Preston-thank you and I will certainly suscribe to the mag as well as the FB site. I am quite excited at seeing what the possibilities are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back