Hymer b584 third passenger seat (1 Viewer)

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
Just asking for a bit advice, we do not use the rear passenger seat, and my better half asked me can you take this chair out it is hard for me to get to the drinks cabinet, where she keeps all her sauces for cooking, has anybody removed this chair and is has simple has unbolting all the nuts. I would appreciate any advice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 64

Deleted User
Not sure if it's the same with a MH but we removed our rear seats of my KA ok for first 3 years but after that had to be put back for MOT to match V5.
Depends what your V5 says?

Lin :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure if it's the same with a MH but we removed our rear seats of my KA ok for first 3 years but after that had to be put back for MOT to match V5.

The V5 does not always show the number of seats. Mine does not.

Deleted User
The V5 does not always show the number of seats. Mine does not.
Yeah not sure how it works with MH, our V5 does show number of seats, but we are a Panel Van, the picture does look like a proper seat with seatbelt though.
I guess as long as you keep the seat it could be put back in for the mot.
Or you can send V5 off to get it amended.

Lin

OP
OP
Don't know

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
Thanks didn't think about the legal side i.e. Mot etc , but just checked my v5 and does not say anything about how many seats. So thanks Lin another bit of knowledge to add to my brain. Think I have learned more in this 6 weeks of owning a motorhome . Then any other part of my life,

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987

Is this right? I had an 8 seater minibus with belted Seats. I took the seats out put reflective film over all the rear and side windows ( not cab Windows) and used it as a van. It was mot'd like that for 8 years with never a question about the missing seats.

Deleted User
D
Is this right? I had an 8 seater minibus with belted Seats. I took the seats out put reflective film over all the rear and side windows ( not cab Windows) and used it as a van. It was mot'd like that for 8 years with never a question about the missing seats.
Don't know legally, but with our KA car we were told would have to put the seats back, as it was a small purpose build KA car it couldn't really be anything else other than that and it was obvious the rear seats were removed, though the seat belt fitting were not. We took them out to make room for the dogs, don't suppose many would.
Probably best to do your own check with the DVLA, for own circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The seat removes initially by taking out 4 bolts that hold it to the base - they're visible & fairly obvious. With the weight of the seat (and it is substantial!) out of the way you will be able to get at the floor fixings under the carpet trim. I'm just amazed that you want to remove one of the most comfortable seats. My wife & I spend any time in the van seated opposite each other with the table available for games / knitting / computing. It's the first van I've had with such a comfortable arrangement. We keep the drinks cabinet for drinks - of all kinds not just alcoholic - and it's me that extracts them when needed. It is easier to do when sitting in the seat and especially you if remove the bottle holder so it is just a plain cupboard. I've also made the table fold so it's out of the way at night. Photos if you want them.

OP
OP
Don't know

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
Thank you for the advice tony, funny how we are all different my wife loves to sit on the bench seat, with her dog, and never sits on this chair, and for myself , l get lower back pain in this seat. Again thank you

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
D
Don't know legally, but with our KA car we were told would have to put the seats back, as it was a small purpose build KA car it couldn't really be anything else other than that and it was obvious the rear seats were removed, though the seat belt fitting were not. We took them out to make room for the dogs, don't suppose many would.
Probably best to do your own check with the DVLA, for own circumstances.

They actually made a Ka van . so can't rfeally see the " missing seats " bit.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thank you for the advice tony, funny how we are all different my wife loves to sit on the bench seat, with her dog, and never sits on this chair, and for myself , l get lower back pain in this seat. Again thank you
No problem: we never get to use the bench seat - it's always covered in dogs. Well - two of them :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Could you not just take the butler on hols with you and park him in this seat?:confused: He could then pass the sauces out to the better half.:) Better still, he could be doing the cooking.(y)

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Tony
I would like to see how you made the table fold - I think that would free a lot of space,
Thanks,
Lloyd.

Deleted User
They actually made a Ka van . so can't rfeally see the " missing seats " bit.
The van is purposes built I assume? Though have to say I didn't know there was a KA van? I'm fairly certain when I asked about one they said no, so I swapped to a Corsa van after selling the car.
Believe me when you looked over your shoulder in my car, you could tell seats were missing. As it was for pure convenience for us not a problem, but any garage would also notice :D
I'm just saying what applied to us, we were told the seats would have to go back for the Mot, and could take them back out after. I sold it just before the 1st Mot became due, and yes put the seats back for the sale, so not a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back