hardened campers new to motorhomes still its a old pilote talbot (1 Viewer)

F

filious

Deleted User
got ours selfs a pilote and hoping to do france do we need habbitation certificate

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi, you don't need a habitation certificate, only need one to keep your warranty good if your van is newish,otherwise wait till something breaks and then fix it is my motto, don't know cost of Motorway in France, but as a regular visitor to France we NEVER use pay roads and can travel very well on non pay roads.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
got ours selfs a pilote and hoping to do france do we need habitation certificate. Also what are prices to do lehavre to tours on toll road please:Doh:
No habitation certificate needed but it is essential to take with you the V5 and insurance policy.

Personally i would not bother using the autoroute unless it is an absolute must. French tolls are not cheap and you can whack up a fair sum in less than a day. If you look at the direction of the A10 autoroute it actually 'dog legs' to Tours. If you aren't in a rush, why not take the more direct scenic route via small towns and country villages? That way you will really see France instead of blasting through it.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I agree with Bulletguy and Vindiboy try the N routes and not the peage you'll see more of France that way.Thats how we did it last year we only used the peage once and that was cos I missed the turning to get off otherwise we would not have spent any money on tolls at all.....try it you'll love it!!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
They're right, but be careful of nutters overtaking towards you. The wagons use the N roads (its free), and they tend to cut it a bit fine sometimes. I've actually seen 4 wagons abreast, 2 each way, using the hard shoulder at Dreux. Its only 2 lanes. I was parked at a phone box, standing in a ditch waiting for the bang!! The accident rate is quite frightening, but if you take your time and drive defensively it saves a fortune.
ATB
DaveT

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
They're right, but be careful of nutters overtaking towards you. The wagons use the N roads (its free), and they tend to cut it a bit fine sometimes. I've actually seen 4 wagons abreast, 2 each way, using the hard shoulder at Dreux. Its only 2 lanes. I was parked at a phone box, standing in a ditch waiting for the bang!! The accident rate is quite frightening, but if you take your time and drive defensively it saves a fortune.
Good point Dave.

French drivers don't give a damn about their cars and it's quite common to see expensive or newish vehicles being driven around with dented body panels etc. To them a car is simply a metal box on wheels.

Remember also that not many are particularly fond of 'brits'. I've been 'cut up' more than a few times and once had a french truck driver wind his window down as he was passing who then spat a lump of gob out at my car. From his reaction i saw in his mirror i could see it was done quite intentionally.

Hope that hasn't put you off using the N road route though. It's still the better alternative.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back