Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Poor dog ,blood everywhere, traumatised kids ,motorhome inflicted injury.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You got it stuck in your lunchtime sandwich?o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
A slammed hab door ? My finger throbs in sympathy even as I write....!

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Both our Dallies had to be docked because of tail injuries - one caused by getting tail trapped in a door. It's a hell of a job to try to stop the bleeding, especially as they wag their tails so much. Ended up having to repaint the wall.
Hope your little dog is soon healing nicely.

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Both our Dallies had to be docked because of tail injuries - one caused by getting tail trapped in a door. It's a hell of a job to try to stop the bleeding, especially as they wag their tails so much. Ended up having to repaint the wall.

I kid you not in the 2 or 3 mins it took us to catch him there WAS blood everywhere walls,roof ,curtains,bedding,floor etc.
Not nice at all, once at the vets a truly placid dog had to be muzzled and sedated.

Vlad

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Not nice at all, once at the vets a truly placid dog had to be muzzled and sedated.

Yes, I think it's a very painful injury. Hope it heals and you don't have to go down the docking route. Mind you, it's much better with ours since he was docked. He doesn't knock glasses off tables any more with his wagging tail

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Totally agree with that but not from the dogs ... when one of our dogs decided one night to snap at another one I heard the rumpus and ran downstairs to the breakfast room/corridor leading to the kitchen where they slept and promptly put my arm through the glass door which hadn't quite opened when I turned the handle! It shut the dogs up but I ended up with a lovely 1 inch crescent shaped scar on my wrist, a piece of glass sticking in my leg and another piece just above my upper lip ... that was it fortunately but they didn't half bleed!

As for the dogs ... one had the tip of her ear bitten off and whilst it didn't appear to be painful for her, she obviously didn't like the 'feeling' so was shaking her head to try to get rid of whatever she thought was on it ... consequently the room was splattered with blood ... it was all over the wall, ceiling, doors ... you name it ... it looked liked there'd been a mass murder in there! Due to my injury we couldn't clean it up immediately so in the end had to completely redecorate the ruddy room.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One of our dogs, Lily, has a 'stump' as she was docked as a pup purely for 'cosmetic reasons' (we didn't get her until she was 5 months) and I've always wished she still had a full tail however our Tazzy loves Lily's stump ... she enjoys running after her and biting it!

Stump chasing.jpg

DSCF2621.JPG

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The poor little bugger sleeps at my feet every night and follows me when I get up to put the kettle on.On Monday morning Louise woke up on the dinette bed and decided to take my place and have a cuddle with mum.I decided to do my bit and strip the bed in readiness for breakfast.The dog snuck under the bed as he does and as I kneeled on it to gather up the duvet he let out a cry like no other and shot off blood squirting from his tail.
At first I thought I'd trod on him but soon realised it was worse than that.When we had cleaned up and wrapped his tail in toilet paper fixed with a bobble the wife took him to the vet and I took the kids swimming.
When we got back she phoned us to tell us that the end of his tail had been chopped off ! :Eeek:
Apparently a few mm was missing,my eldest being curious looked under the table and called out oh my God daddy come and look at this.Where the table leg folds there was a chunk of meat and fur,the poor sods tail must have been in the gap when I kneeled on it closing the gap and cutting the end off :crying:
Auto-trail should think themselves lucky we don't live in America or I'd be claiming for damages and therapy costs for us and the dog

Vlad

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back