LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Last year we entered Portugal from Southern Spain on the E1 / A22 and stopped at the "booth" to be photographed and registered for the tolls, we also returned the same way - No Problem!!

This Winter we intend entering Portugal the same way but on return driving North through part of Portugal and crossing into Spain at Ciudad Rodrigo on the Salamanca road.

Question :- Is the photographic numberplate recognition system registered on the A22 valid on the other toll roads in Portugal? (I have heard conflicting reports on its validity)

Help please :)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Check your reg on an '08/09,ticket from Ciudad Rodders,i had a "Freeby" with one,wrong digits,this time i want to import this vehicle,checked ticket,an "R" was a "B",so e-mailed control and put it right.As it needs to be shown what date it arrived.
Also check ticket for "Sell by date",the only ones i have had have been for 1 calender month,not for 1 year. A lso,a member posted on here a while back that the police checked him over in a service area,checked his ticket that was up to date and mentioned that he could check if there were any outstanding payments oweing,there was not,so both p[arties happy.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
It is good for a month on all the electronic toll roads in Portugal but there are many non electronic toll roads with booths.
Link Removed

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Technically yes, but the outraged locals have made quite a sport of going out at night and shooting the toll gates! :D

OP
OP
Teuchter

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
It is good for a month on all the electronic toll roads in Portugal but there are many non electronic toll roads with booths.
Link Removed

Thanks @matamoros - I guess that on the non electronic ones I can pay by cash or card?

Deleted User
Thanks @matamoros - I guess that on the non electronic ones I can pay by cash or card?

Cash definitely but I am not sure about cards, I have heard tell of cards being refused and i have experience of the Correos(Post Office) not accepting cards(UK ones at least). After qeueing for 20 mins I was not best pleased!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Nothing to do with toll roads, more to do with credit card payments at petrol stations and some stores. Our Spanish debit and credit cards were declined this summer, saying " we do not accept foreign cards"
Be warned........ It could be you!(y)

Bryan

PS: On one occasion we were only told AFTER filling van with diesel!! Fortunately there was a bank nearby...... Saved the day.

B

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes, told by a friend who lives there that non-Portuguese cards are often now not accepted, especially in the automated machines. Always a good idea to have a supply of Euros handy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back