Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This was only our second show.

First one the only conversation went "PARK THERE". Guess who that was with.

This time quite different. Greeted by a smiling suntanned beauty in a bikini, eat yer heart out LadyJ. I didn't match enough faces to names but got a good few, it was good not to feel outsiders. Saw some pretty good flying which was a bonus.

Pity about the weather, we didn't come prepared for that much rain and cold so went to bed early to keep warm. Didn't stop the hard core Funsters, still hard at it at one o'clock. Respect. Must try harder next time.

We got home to a power cut which usually means lightning strike, so dined in the MH. It must be summer in England.

We both look forward to more FUN meetings.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just got home and van unloaded. Would like to say it was a great week, special thanks to Jim and Marie for the effort they put in. Met some smashing people and had FUN. :thumb:::bigsmile::thumb:

By the way got a great tip from a smashing lady....if you run out of grub, pinch the dog's Bonio :Eeek:, apparently they are luvverly and good n crunchy.:thumb:

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Just got home and van unloaded. Would like to say it was a great week, special thanks to Jim and Marie for the effort they put in. Met some smashing people and had FUN. :thumb:::bigsmile::thumb:

Same here, we can only echo your post.::bigsmile: Despite the atrocious weather we had a great time. Special thanks to C.L.S. Mark for fixing our tap.:thumb:
We are now looking forward to Americana with , hopefully, wall to wall sunshine :Cool: and lots more FUN.::bigsmile::thumb:::bigsmile:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Yes it was a great weekend for us too, usual FUN mayhem and madness :ROFLMAO:

Once again it was nice to meet up with old friends and put faces to Avatars and make new.

Many thanks to Jim and the others for the Marquee and Gazebos so we could get drunk in the dry:ROFLMAO:

There certainly were some light weights, going to bed before 1.30, what ever next:ROFLMAO:

Dane & Hazel

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi everyone and just a quickl post to say thanks all and we are safely back.
A big thankyou to the marshalls of this one. Jim you done a great job in recruiting Marie.:ROFLMAO: Marie I hope you enjoyed your walking. :winky:

The weather as we know was absoloutly great. You can't beat a bit of rain to get you in a nice happy camping mood :beer:

Nice to see so many new faces and I hope you all enjoyed as well.

Nikki is now well and truly in recovery mode as she battles with this strange phenomenau of always being sick at the Stratford show, I think it was the Cranberry juice in the vodka. :secret:

Thanks for the guided tour round the 1981 RV this am, wow what a bus and the oil story was great.
And thanks to Julian, for lending Tara your staffie puppy to play with.

So the next meet will be the bring and buy sale. I am really looking forward to it now and hope the turnout remains good, please remember your sunglases as I have ordered some of the finest Cheshire sun and hope it comes on time.:thumb::thumb::pray::pray::pray:

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
Hello everyone,

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Jim and Marie for welcoming Paul and me on our first rally/show. I have nothing to compare the show to, this one being the first - hopefully of many. I would also like to say how much I enjoyed meeting fellow Funsters - what a friendly bunch you are. To anyone who feels too shy or self-conscious to go to a meet, I can reassure you of a warm welcome and being made to feel part of the community and not an outsider.

Sadly we had to leave early because we got a phone call to say Paul's aunt is only expected to live a few days and he wanted to go and see her (he's next of kin). We had a quick look in the 'pub' as we drove past to say goodbye but couldn't see anyone.

It was a pity the weather was so bad on Saturday but at least Friday was good. The company more than made up for the weather.

Hope to see you again in the not too distant future - going to Dorset 16-26 June to look along the Jurassic coast.

Best wishes and happy travelling to you all,

GrandmaLiz (Liz)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks

The weather may have been pants but the company was fabulous. Thank you all for welcoming us to Stratford and to Jim, Sian, Bryan, Suzy and everyone else who put this meet together. It was lovely to be warm in our newly refurbished van (thank you Wellhouse Leisure, Huddersfield) instead of freezing to death at Newark. We had a great time and will see some of you in Cheshire in a fortnight.
Graham & Jean:thumb:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Just back from Stratford, not quite as fast as you Paul, you were just a blur passing us on the M6 :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Passed the Fleetwood Fiesta with a lady driver on the M6, (sorry I don't know your name) you go girl you are doing us proud! :thumb::thumb: and you looked fab driving it!

Had a great time, even though it rained all day Saturday :RollEyes:

Gayle and Tony, (Ourcampersbeentrashed) hope you got home ok.

Great to meet up with friends old and new and fab to see all the different motorhomes, loved the Vogue it was classic, thought Vulvan558's new conversion was stunning and Sandj's Bolero was so modern it was awesome!

Looking forward to the bring and buy in two weeks time and hope to see lots of you there.

Suzy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we're still here along with around 15 other vans and the suns still shining :Cool:
leaving tomorrow morning.

brilliant weekend as usual.

commiserations to Geo for the sad loss of his beloved Gazibo :cry:
(it callapsed during friday night and was totalled)

thanks to Jim, Bryan and marie(penelope pitstop) for another funfilled meet.

going to haganaps cheshire meet in 2 weeks to do it all again....:thumb::thumb:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
A big thanks to Jim and Co for organising yet another great FUN get together ::bigsmile: Hopefully catch up with everyone again soon

Mark & Shaz

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
Hello everyone,

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Jim and Marie for welcoming Paul and me on our first rally/show. GrandmaLiz (Liz)

Yes a big thank you from us too, and extra thanks to Paul and yourself
for help with the awning, just got it up before the heavens opened!!

See you all again soon :Smile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Its 9.30pm and we have been home about half an hour. So we did it in 4 hours - not bad considering 30mph was the fastest vehicles were travelling and that wasnt for long.

What an interesting weekend we had and so much fun, but then we arent ones to let the rain get the better of us.

For the second year running we had one of the best possible pitches. Last year Stratford was our 1st motorhomefun outing and we had a great pitch because with the two rows, we had to walk by all the funster mhs to go to the show area and would always stop and chat so actually got to know everyone and when sitting outside our own motorhome we chatted passers by who were off for riverside walks to town.

This year we were beautifully positioned for watching the fireworks and so the RAC could find us and not too far from the Fun Marquee and our neighbours were all wonderful.

Somehow the rain even managed to hold off for the barbeque and fireworks.

It was lovely to see people we had previously met and to meet so many new faces.
Its lovely to put faces/families to the usernames.

We hope everyone has a safe and uneventful journey home.

We travelled home amidst Glorious Sunshine heavy rain, thunderstorms sunshine and more rain.

GUESS WHAT !!!! We saw Snow and Ice on the M25 and one of the slip roads was partially coned off because the snow hadnt melted.

Well we need to get the engine problem sorted before we can attend another meet but hope to catch up with you all soon.

Dont forget if anyone is staying at The Lea Valley Sewardstone site you can always PM us and we will happily meet up.

A BIG BIG thank you to EVERYONE. We hope you all had as much fun as we did.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Great Fun as usual. Thanks to Marshall Marie and Jim for giving us a plum position so we didnt have far to go to get to the entertainment complex:roflmto: Really nice to meet up with everyone. Big thank you to Brisey for our new outhouse just the thing needed for the rain. When we left at 5.30 this evening the re were some funsters enjoying the sunshire and relaxing. Safe travelling tomorrow people. Some of us have to go to work:cry:

Sonja

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi everyone,
Just a line to say we are home safe from Stratford. We had a fantastic time in spite of the weather. seeing old friends and making new. ::bigsmile: Many thanks to Jim Sian Bryan Suzy and Marie for organising and running the weekend.
Many thanks, too, to Mark from CLS for helping us when we needed advice on a new van. Those who were not at Stratford won't know that while Dave and I were reading the Jumbo Book of Fairy Tales in bed the pull -down bed pulled down off the wall.:Eeek::Eeek::ROFLMAO: So thanks to Geo for his advice and Mark Paul ( Haganap) and Gayle for help.:Smile:

Best wishes to all and see you at Haganap's if we have a van!
Staging Lady & AD/DC Dave
Dave & Lucille

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Home safe after an easey run north on the motorways.....had a great time as usual thanks to all the members old and new, Paul ( Haganap ) passed us and Bryan& Suzy at Take off speed nobody likes a show off "Red Leader One " :winky::roflmto::roflmto:
And to the lady in the Fleetwood Fiesta hope i didn't scare you hooting as i passed :thumb:

See you all at Arfur Daly's I mean Haganaps bring and buy

Tony & Ruth

Hydecolt

Free Member
Jan 7, 2008
Traveling in europe
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
full timed 8 years/traveled 4 years
we too arrived home (well the warehouse yard) safe and sound, want to thank everyone for a great few days esspecially Jim and Sian and Marie thanks for all your hard work, much apprieciated,hope to see many of you in the near future
Anna and Colin

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Lots of Funsters still here, many of us sat in the sun till around 6pm, a hair of the dog worked wonders.:Smile:

This was Fun's biggest Rally to date with around 64 vans attending, we had a good, level, well drained area, right next to the show. The 6m by 4m marquee with a couple of 3m by 3m gazebos attached was placed in the centre (eventually:Cool:) but was still not enough tentage to keep all those Funsters dry. A big thanks to Geo and Pammy who volunteered their awning (and music system) to add even more covered area. Also to Tony and Ruth who also added their massive awning to the mix.

A special thanks to Marie, PenelopePitstop, who ran miles in her little yellow clogs; chasing arrivees to deliver name badges, smiles and a warm welcome to all those ralliers. :smalllove:

A big thank you to all those funsters that attended, the atmosphere was sunny even when the weather wasn't. We had a great time and hope you did too.

A great Fun rally - I look forward to the next one:thumb::thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
What a great week! Funsters do it AGAIN!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I've put some photos on my album - here are a few!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you all again soon!:thumb:

Great photos Marie,

just to confirm for the height of embarasment,

The first one is a vsery happy Champers with mrs andyman and myself looking on.

The second one in the sequence is a very Pixxed Mrs Haganap dancing before falling over and not being able to dance anymore. (bless her little cotton socks)

The Third one is out of the Hydecolt crewe, wow this chick could out perform any teenager I tell ya, she never stopped going all night.

The fourth is the ourcampersbeentrashed crewe with Gail looking after the BBQ food.

great pics Marie, I have one or two of yourself I will put up. Or you could check out my blog to see a dancing one of yourself :ROFLMAO::winky:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What a great week! Funsters do it AGAIN!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

You were so good I was going to organise a whip-round to buy you some more hair dye since you can't afford enough, but then the rain started and I forgot.

Maybe next time.

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
Thank you all for a fabulous weekend. This was our first rally and i was a little nervous,but we were made so very welcome,and had a really good time::bigsmile:.

Our van is quite new to us,so we haven't fully stocked it yet and my packing skills were left wanting- 3 bikinis, 4 pr pyjamas,4 pr sandals,no socks,wellies,wet weather gear!!!!-and I'd checked the forecast!!!
It seems wishful thinking unfortunately does not alter the weather.

Bought wellies, brolly, socks and got stuck in having a good time::bigsmile:.

We had a bit of a bump in the Fleetwood fiesta on the M6. Yesterday this seemed a disaster, today I'm just thankful no one was hurt. The fiesta looks a bit sorry for herself but the damage is cosmetic and she still drives fine-that can't be said for the VW polo I spun onto the hard shoulder!!!!-scarey, scarey time for all concerned.

Today the sun is shining (typical), I have a washing mountain to attack, and a phone call to the insurance company I can't avoid any longer:Sad:.

Roll on the next rally::bigsmile:

kim

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
So sorry to hear about your bump on the M6 but really glad to hear that no-one was hurt and you are all ok.

Its the first time I've heard of a girl scratching one its usually the boys!

Hope all goes well with the insurance company, if you get stuck with anything post on here someone will be able to help I'm sure.

Suzy

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Its the first time I've heard of a girl scratching one its usually the boys!

Suzy[/QUOTE]

OOOH Hello Suzy having a dig at the boys eh ! Sounds like some girl power going on here
:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
that can't be said for the VW polo I spun onto the hard shoulder!!!!

Makes note: Always FOLLOW this vehicle.

I must say I scream a lot at my wife "You're not in your shopping trolley now, leave more space."

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
This was our first trip out in the MH and didn't really have much clue how we were going to cope with managing resources with no EHU, but we found it extremely straightforward in the end. Must apologise for being totally unsociable, but my wife was very under-the-weather the whole weekend and couldn't face the prospect of partying. We intend to make up for this at future rallies! Great to meet Jim and Marie who were both extremely helpful. Hope to meet the other funsters at some stage in the near future.

Paul & Miranda

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Would like to say :thanks: to Jim, Sian Bryan and Marie, you made us feel very welcomed this was only our second rally so still a a lot to learn, but we had a great time, the funsters are a so great to be with!

Thank you PenelopePitstop for pic(at least I was still standing) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks also to Mr haganap - Paul for for the info, wish I had Suzy's? dark glassed on though :Cool::Cool:
Better to be this :wine: than in this :rain:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
Passed the Fleetwood Fiesta with a lady driver on the M6, (sorry I don't know your name) you go girl you are doing us proud! :thumb::thumb: and you looked fab driving it!

Suzy

I didn't look quite so fab half an hour later-perched on the hard shoulder after my first ever RTA!!!! Bum:Sad:.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Sorry about your accident but glad that no one was hurt just metal, and the insurance. But hey I tip my hat to you being able to drive your motorhome, I couldn't, nor would I it would scare the hell out of me, and double well done for continuing to drive after your accident. keep the flag flying::bigsmile: and nice coach by the way:thumb:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
It had been a while since going to a Funsters rally and we'd forgotten how good they
were :RollEyes:

We won't be leaving it so long again ::bigsmile:

Thanks everyone for making it what it was ..... fun :thumb::thumb:

Brian & Julia

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread