Taylormade winscreen covers (1 Viewer)

Dee 123

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
Anyone ever had a problem with Taylormade winscreen covers.?. I am at this present

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Had mine for 6 years without any problem although they only get used Oct through to March. Out in the bad weather when wet I put away standing in the shower to dry then in bag. Have not used them in Summer to block sun dont know if this causes problem

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We used them on our last MH - website was pants, but the cover was fine
We got a bike cover from them too
What problem are you having with them?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Taylormade for us and very pleased with them. Always ensure they are bone dry before putting back in bag.

Same for me (y) it also appears you have good taste in MHomes too.:D

088.JPG

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought some Taylormade covers at Newark spring show in 2008 and they were fine until the start of this year when they seemed to have shrunk just a little bit, making them tight to fit, so I replaced them with some Paragon covers from Silver Screens. I always made sure they were thoroughly dry on returning home, before packing them away.

The Taylormade ones are fine otherwise so I gave them to No 1 son. He has an old Bedford campervan which is slightly smaller so they fit OK.

KINGO46

Free Member
May 20, 2013
Warminster
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Tempo
Exp
since 2009
Have had two sets, with no problems and had good service too!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
have owned a few sets of taylor made, most coming with second hand vans and bought one set new. the new ones were a bad fit and poorly made so after arguing with the obnoxious owner were returned. virtually all the used ones were showing signs of deterioration. silver wearing off, poor stitching and internal wadding collapsing and lumpy. none of these issues with the original silverscreens, who talylormade make a cheap copy of.

would never buy taylormade again

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Got a bit put off by the rather grumpy owner so we went with Silver Screens, which were well worth it

OP
OP
D

Dee 123

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
So what was it? Quality......Service or both?
Communication was very bad. Two days with ringing th
So what was it? Quality......Service or both?[/QUOTE

I had no problem when ordering from them but after a week with not receiving the item did have a big problem with no one answering my phone calls. It took me 2 days of constant phone calls before anyone answered. Did receive it today but noticed the label says it's for the New Boxer and my van is a Fiat Ducato. Not too sure if it's the right one have phoned them and nobody is answering. Would never recommend this company.

Dec 15, 2011
Southwest Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Adria
Exp
Since 1996
We found the lady at Taylormade grumpy/aggressive. Wouldn't go back. Used Vancomfort for our current ones - some German make that I forget the make of.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
My Experience. August 1997, I had a set custom made by Taylor for my First R-V. "Silverscreens" didn't want to know!, and had "daft prices"!. They where used virtually permanently for 2 year whilst we lived in it and I did "self build". About a year in we noticed the (North facing) panel had started to split. I rang Taylor and he came out, (70miles each way) picked up the panel, and replaced it with a New one, made from my original dimensions!. He said he had had a bad batch of material, and I wasn't the first. They where still in use and in good if somewhat scruffy through use condition when I sold the R-V in 2004. (so, 7+ years old?).

"old" Mr Taylor was in his 60`s then, so nearly 20yr on. He must be 80 something!. maybe age has to do with "grumpy"?, No excuse, but who will cast the first stone!. Trading conditions too have vastly altered in 20 years, margins are tighter, and "compromises" have to be made. It`s actually surprises me that they have been able to survive!, because it is not exactly a business that has too much potential for expansion?.

Keef

Free Member
Jul 25, 2010
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
15 Years
Our Taylormade ones have been great but Velcro has now worn causing then to come apart when windy, but they are about 7yrs old

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
read this and other reviews and ordering silverscreens

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
They have different engines as well ..
nothing to do with the body shape and windscreen though, so somewhat irrelevant

Dec 15, 2011
Southwest Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Adria
Exp
Since 1996
Our Taylormade ones have been great but Velcro has now worn causing then to come apart when windy, but they are about 7yrs old
Our first ones have lasted almost 20 years. i have no complaints about the quality or value for money!

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Had excellent service from Taylormade 12 months ago. They didn't have a pattern for our van so they measured us up and because we were going away at the end of the week pulled out all the stops to get the cover to us before we left. The cover fits very well and I thought the ladies were very pleasant and a bit of a laugh.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well if yer velcro's going, unstitch it and replace it then.

Mind you - it's by NO means cheap (used to be about 1p an inch LOL)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back