Washed the motorhome (and the car) (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Well after our travels they were manky...... and needed washing down.

Well pleased with the results, we used a foam detergent from the local car wash that also sells car parts. It's called "devil foam" and you fix the foam gun onto a normal hose, not a jet wash. We did the car first and it came up sparklng and then we did the motorhome. It took all the road film and bugs off and was quite fun to do. You wet the vehicle first, then foam, then rinse and then dry with a microfibre cloth.

I just wish I had got microfibre cloths with wax in them as that would have finished the job off nicely :)
If they don't make such cloths then they should :)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
That's good @Puddleduck. Haven't worked out how to wash our MH yet as there are no facilities where it is stored. Local car wash places aren't able to do the roof and are cramped with not enough room.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The roof is always a struggle. That didn't get such a good wash as I just used a long handle brush and did it from a raised bed in the garden that is just in the correct place :) The roof didn't get dried by cloth but left to dry in the sun once it had been rinsed off. I always do the roof first as otherwise it dribbles down the sides.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Made a slight error in the product we used .... it's demon foam not devil foam.

I just washed the (plastic) hen house inside and out as we no longer have chickens and their house needs to go to a new home. The foam did a good job on that as well. :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
I wondered if there any mobile units in our area. Apart from the roof I'm quite happy to do it but can't work out the logistics.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Halfords have Demon Wash Snow Foam and Demon Shin spray gun with a nozzle for hose. I assume it's same .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
This may help avoid future confusion. But interesting to know you can do it without a jet washer. I bought one last week!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_demons

You can use foam with a hose pipe but the foam wont be as good and much more product gets used which then strips wax,.

Water is forced through a stainless gauze under regulated pressure when using a foam lance. Its this which converts the mixture to the foam that exits the lance and lands on the vehicle.

The same sort of happens with the type that fits onto a hose except all you have is the water pressure from the tap. This means most turn to putting either a product designed for hose pipe sprayers which contains more product or it wont foam Or putting more product into the bottle. Both strip wax. (y)

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
You want one of these Motorhome washing facilities - ask Santa and you might get one for Christmas!

Wash Pilote.jpg

:):):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back