Elddis Wiring Loom on Autoquest 155 (1 Viewer)

Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
New 2015 Elddis 155.When putting on rear fog lights ,a yellow triangle and message warning me to get lights looked at comes on the dashboard.Yellow triangle remains on even when lights are turned off.
Peugeot claim the fault is in the wiring loom when the chassis was converted to a motorhome so can't investigate.
Does Elddis "add" to the loom when the Peugeot plus chassis are converted to form the 155?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes, if you think about it they can't do anything other than alter it. Not just Eldiss, it's the same for any converter.

They start with a base chassis with at most just the cab on it. The rear light clusters are in the motorhome body so they must be wired by the converter. I don't think this picture is a Peugeot chassis, it's just to show the idea.

page38b-1.jpg

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Had a problem with a wiring loom or harness as it was called a few years ago due to the dealer adding stuff to it in this case a sat dish and cruise control. The new connections led to the wiring burning out and Fiat blamed the dealer. In the end it cost £3000 to rewire the van which was 1 year old. The dealer refused to pay the garage and they never did.
If you want it sorted then it will be down to the dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
Nick,I would have thought Elddis would have bought in chassis looking like this with the rear lights already in place.All that would be needed is to take off the light cluster,place the external wall onto the chassis then re-connect the lights,no extra wiring needed
peugeot-boxer_chass_ext.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Nick,I would have thought Elddis would have bought in chassis looking like this with the rear lights already in place.All that would be needed is to take off the light cluster,place the external wall onto the chassis then re-connect the lights,no extra wiring needed
peugeot-boxer_chass_ext.jpg

That would depend on each particular model and vary in each case.

If it's a model where the light clusters end up in more or less the same place maybe. If it's a model where they are higher on the rear wall then either way the converter would have to make some alterations.

I would suggest that cost is a bigger factor: If it's cheaper for them to buy a chassis without the rear end half done and do it themselves then I imagine that's what they will do.

The only way you will get a definitive answer is to contact them and see if they will tell you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
As above, the selling dealer must rectify. Even if they say it is a chassis fault, let them take it for the discussion with Peugeot. Your contract was with the seller and not the manufacturer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back