P&O ferry Hull to Zeebrugge (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We're after a bit of advice from all you well travelled ( abroad) funsters.
Ralph is 50 next September. We are planning on a 3/4 week trip eventually ending up in Italy.
Ralph's been on the P&O website , us two and the dog from Hull to Zeb ( ;)) and been quoted around £400 return. That's with outside room upgrade and breakfast both ways . We think that's a good deal! What do you lot think.
We know we can go to Plymouth and travel at 2am in the morning etc etc. For £5 with tesco vouchers ;);) (but shop in asda and aldi, so no vouchers ) but we want to go from Hull. It's only an hour away , with an overnight sleep.
But when's the best time to book. Now for next year. Just before, or through CCC. Any advice welcome.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Nothing wrong sailing from Hull, I sailed from there to Hamburg several times when I was based in Germany. I also like sailing from a local port, which is why we sail from Plymouth - 15 minutes from home for us. :)

But I agree, see if the CC can get you a better deal but I wouldn't wait until the last minute. As far as I know ferry bookings don't get cheaper as the date of sailing approaches. But your £400 quote seems about right to me given the length of the crossing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Sorry not been with MH but been a couple of times on Motorcycle. Last time we looked on website but could not book 4 bikes and 4 riders so rang them. By ringing them direct we saved between the 4 of us just short of £600.00. So it may well be worth ringing them direct.

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Yes agreed, a good price, I did the same Route and ship about a month ago in a car and it was about £450! They let you on the ship nice and early also. I cant recommend it enough, the service you get is excellent compared to most ferries and the ship itself, although no cruise ship, is very good for a ferry!

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I've been looking at the costs from Hull compared with Brittany ferries and also going out from Portsmouth and home via Hull and for us, it was cheaper to go out & back Hull/Zeebrugge.
I'm with CC and C&CC and the cheapest was the CC.
I appreciate that C&CC state they'll beat any quote but I couldn't be bothered ringing them and going through it all and providing proof.
I've priced it up directly with P&O's website and like for like, CC worked out £152 cheaper - that's including 3 camping cheques.
We've upgraded to a club cabin each way as we wanted space and a proper bed rather than bunks (or at least the wife does)
Wanted to avoid Calais after this summers events.
Looking forward to a short drive to Hull and enjoying a nice relaxing drive at the other side, rather than having white van man cutting me up and traffic cones and hassle driving down to Portsmouth.
Roll on next summer! Can't wait.

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
We've used the ferry for weekend breaks to Brugge. So we know it well. We have had many a breakfast or evening meal in bong bong bong bong bong bong bonnnnnng ....... guten morgan minen Damen en heiren ........::bigsmile: Scuse the spelling !
@Peter Ashcroft s it better to upgrade to the club before? We've payed £60 once onboard for a mini break before.
We aren't members of the cc now. Just CCC.

Last edited:

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
When I went we booked the club suite, my friend tried to upgrade to club room but was sold out, I dont think they have many so I personally would not take the risk and book it beforehand

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
It's a great crossing, and I think you've got a good price. After doing the Zebrugge to Hull crossing this summer, I think we'd always take this route in future - certainly if going to Germany and probably also if going to France and beyond.
It cuts out that horrible drive south in the UK - M25 etc. Particularly given where you live, I think it's a 'no brainer.'

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
I'd give them a ring and talk to a "uman being"
We did, and got our meals both ways thrown in for free for the same web site price.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We've used the ferry for weekend breaks to Brugge. So we know it well. We have had many a breakfast or evening meal in bong bong bong bong bong bong bonnnnnng ....... guten morgan minen Damen en heiren ........::bigsmile: Scuse the spelling !
@GAVLAD is it better to upgrade to the club before? We've payed £60 once onboard for a mini break before.
We aren't members of the cc now. Just CCC.
I'm sure C&CC will be fine.
I think it was £50 each way difference.
My wife's more into flying/package hols so as much as I'd be happy with inside bunk beds, we are treating it as part of our hols - maybe then she'll want to go again

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We're doing Rotterdam in future, not much in it distance wise if going to Germany but a better ship

Yes, I agree.
The one that goes to Rotterdam is newer, bigger and faster:)

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
We're doing Rotterdam in future, not much in it distance wise if going to Germany but a better ship
Yes your right. Much better ship.
But we've done Rotterdam. It's great if you want to go shopping. Longer trip on the coach. In fact our 19 year old twins are going in a couple of weeks with their partners.
But Brugge is romantic , lovely architecture and Amsterdam is a bit of everything :blush:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm just booking ours now and Caravan club is still coming up dearer than P&O direct.
I'm booking standard fares with 8 metre van and Kitchen meals. £436 return
Out Friday 20th May back Saturday 4th June

CC is 400 plus meals that would be another £88

Don't know where we will head yet? its all part of the FUN

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
@Peter & Elaine
That's good ! Thanks. I've bookmarked it.
I've got the back garden back , btw. Ralph's scrapped his big work bench , now Pug is finished , all but the cab carpet ! Nearly got the back room back too. Back to weekend trips. Bring it onnnnnn !

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Hi Bev,
We travelled Hull Rotterdam in Sept, booking it just 4 days before we went and it cost us £523 through CC just a standard inside bunk for our 9.2 m motorhome, if I put same request in now for next year it is £611 (no CC discount on the site but but outside cabins and breakfast) Watch out you don't buy breakfast twice, you can buy a deal for both meals on board but you might have already paid for breakfast in your ticket. You might indeed get a great deal with a phone call.
We are thinking Hull Zeebrugge for our France trip next year, it was lovely to get off ferry and be home in just over an hour even though we hit the morning traffic! No hassle waiting for the boat either way, we were a couple of hours early but just boarded and relaxed straight away.
Recon we can do South of France in a couple of easy days that way.
Funny when you follow signs for england then hull when you are driving to P & O Rotterdam!

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Val,@weekenders
That's were we are heading. If we manage to go further in the time permitting , we will. Following @Robert Clark has certainly whetted our appetites !
Rome is a must, so much to see and the architect is amazing, we had 3 days 4 nights and just about saw most things

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
@Peter & Elaine
That's good ! Thanks. I've bookmarked it.
I've got the back garden back , btw. Ralph's scrapped his big work bench , now Pug is finished , all but the cab carpet ! Nearly got the back room back too. Back to weekend trips. Bring it onnnnnn !
I will try nip round this week and pick up that charger
I will ring ralph first

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
@weekenders I want to do Pompeii . Always have since doing about it at school . But we may not have enough time . This time.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back