SHOCK and HORROR . . . (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Adria Coral 670 SL. Van five years old and one mini LED out of four over the cooker hob worked intermittently so decided to get it replaced at the same time as a Habitation check with few other jobs. Could not believe the part price UNFITTED cost . . . £409 + Vat + £8 postage a grand total of £499 for a replacement mini LED strip. Can anyone beat that!!!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Adria Coral 670 SL. Van five years old and one mini LED out of four over the cooker hob worked intermittently so decided to get it replaced at the same time as a Habitation check with few other jobs. Could not believe the part price UNFITTED cost . . . £409 + Vat + £8 postage a grand total of £499 for a replacement mini LED strip. Can anyone beat that!!!!
Ouch!! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: Don't think I would want to beat that one.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997

I'd beat it by not paying it. If it's not actually a pricing error surely there has to be a lower cost alternative?

Out of curiosity do you have the part make, model and number?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had one of the OEM fitment ones go in the Miller
Cost from dealer ( part only ) £120.
Cost from China £1.25 ( from memory.. could have been less ! )

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:Eeek:....we have an Adria Vision & have been waiting for a local dealer to get back to use with a price for a replacement recessed spot light fitting ......wonder if he can't bring himself to tell us:oops2:
Good luck in sourcing an alternative.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a Hymer part that comes close: Quoted £130 by Brownhills for the flimsy plastic recess liner for the high level brake light. I didn't buy it either. I explained to Brownhills that if I'd wanted it hewn from solid unobtainium I'd have said so. Oh - and £27 each for armrest end covers. I didn't buy those either.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Had to leave my van at Lowdhams for some warranty work on the eBox, I had mentioned earlier that the high level brake light wasn't working but for some reason known only to themselves, they said that wasn't covered by the warranty ? I decided to fix the brake light myself and got a price from Leisureshopdirect of just over twenty quid. In the mean time the repair was taking longer than forecast and as the mot would expire, I asked them to fix the light and mot the van so I could legally drive it home. The bill for the HELLA brake light came to £125 for the part with labour for fitting it extra, but hey, let's not start another "rip off thread" :mad:

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Get a Labcraft catalogue, you'll find all the LED strip lights and many others in it that are used by all the manufacturers. Many of them are on sale in dealers shops. They are very easy to replace yourself. I always carry spare ones.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Fleabay:- 5 Metre Length!!! on roll Self adhesive backing!!!

60LEDs /meter 5M 3528 SMD Flexible Strip Light Christmas Home Decor DC 12V UK

£6.99 with free postage. Replaced ALL the Lights in the "New" Motor-home similar.

This particular Item no longer available but similar at similar prices, Are.

Pete

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Needless to say I will not replace but intend to email Adria to see how they can justify such an extortionate cost for LED's which are suppose to last 10 years or more bearing in mind the overhead lights have been little used!

Are you sure you didn't knock em with that hat :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back