Rally Chat 3 x Rallies in the South is now one (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Thought I'd better post this just to clear up any misunderstanding as there are a number of posts indicating that these are all still going ahead.
What is actually happening to date is Mo's Rally at Bagwell Farm Weymouth (June 21st - 28th), Jez and Lin's Dorset Rally will now be up North in York (date to be finalised but probably mid July - see York Rally thread for updates)) and the New Forest Rally cancelled as there is no link up now from the first two.
Hope this helps with your scheduling.(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:( but will you put me down for the York one please.... was sooooooooo looking forward to the three in one.... :(

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks for letting us know Jez... (y)

Sorry you wont be doing "Norden Farm"... But will try for your other one... :pray2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
that's such a shame, but can understand that it would be nice for you to have one nearer to your home jez.. :)

just wondering if anyone else would like to organise a rally at norden farm after bagwell, just to keep the continuity going, or maybe those who wish could book to go there anyway and meet up informally..

i love being at norden farm and the weather has been kind so far for those meets, and i think the staff who are immensely friendly and helpful will miss us too..

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
:( thanks Jez and Lin at least now we can start to plan Thankyou. Our names are on the York one as well :)
Kate x

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Thought I'd better post this just to clear up any misunderstanding as there are a number of posts indicating that these are all still going ahead..
What is actually happening to date is Mo's Rally at Bagwell Farm Weymouth (June 21st - 28th) and the New Forest Rally cancelled as there is no link up now .Hope this helps with your scheduling.(y)
:( WHAT A SHAME THE NEW FOREST IS CANCELLED would still have liked to have gone before or after Bagwell :mad:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
:( WHAT A SHAME THE NEW FOREST IS CANCELLED would still have liked to have gone before or after Bagwell :mad:
Same here Wildge. :(

Thought I'd better post this just to clear up any misunderstanding as there are a number of posts indicating that these are all still going ahead.
Many thanks for letting us know so well in advance Jez. We're still up for the York meet please? (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
I would still like to go to Norden Farm and Weymouth or somewhere else in New Forest in June 2016.
Might not be able to plan a Rally but very happy to chip in and help in anyway. So please, any Experienced Rally Funsters up for it?

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
that's such a shame, but can understand that it would be nice for you to have one nearer to your home jez.. :)

just wondering if anyone else would like to organise a rally at norden farm after bagwell, just to keep the continuity going, or maybe those who wish could book to go there anyway and meet up informally..

i love being at norden farm and the weather has been kind so far for those meets, and i think the staff who are immensely friendly and helpful will miss us too..
I would be more than willing to help anyone wishing to run Norden next year and we don't want to call an end to it ourselves and are certainly up for doing it again in the future.We just think we've had two special years there but think a change of venue would be good for 2016.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Please put us down for both Bagwell Farm and York.

Many thanks
Chris

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It didn't even get as far as a venue being sorted........there was lots of interest, if someone else wants to take it on:)

Personally, I think the New Forest Showground would be a good spot;)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Jez, Hi Lyn :):)
Just to say thank you for the two wonderful "meets" at Norden Farm in 2014 & 2015. They were very, very special to us, fairly new at motorhoming then. I'm sure all attendees at these rallies will praise the outstanding effort you pair put in to make these "meets" truly memorable.:notworthy2::notworthy2:
Now it's onward to the York "meet" for 2016. CHRIS & I CAN'T WAIT. It'll be a blast !!:party2:
THANK YOU:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Just to say a thank you for all the hard work you both put in.

Plus old mo of course for Bagwell farm.
I will go to the new forest before Bagwell just to extend the time out,seems a shame to pass it and not go. So if any body wants to do the same,maybe we could decide which site and book individually .

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(y) I think we would be up for that Eve if someone can recommend the best site, must have ehu for us though :(
Jude

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
WHAT A SHAME THE NEW FOREST IS CANCELLED would still have liked to have gone before or after Bagwell

I think we would be up for that Eve if someone can recommend the best site, must have ehu for us though

Even if the New Forest meet had gone ahead it was NO EHU anyway at the site I was in negotiation with.

I've just checked and it definitely says NO EHU in the original post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Thanks for all your kind comments, although as you rightly say it is hard work its also a real pleasure and we wouldn't be able to do it without our circle of friends who are willing to lend a hand. York 2016 I hope will be just as good we've been to look at the Rally site this morning and its spot on for what we want so I'll start a new thread shortly with details. (y)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Even if the New Forest meet had gone ahead it was NO EHU anyway at the site I was in negotiation with.

:) Yes agree with above but circumstances change and NOW we need ehu :(
Correct me if I'm wrong but there are lots of sites in N F with ehu not necessarily for a rally but I don't think that was what @Eve meant.(y)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning

Shame I would love to go to a Funster meet/rally on new forest never get tired of the place

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build Ducato
Exp
Since Sept 15
Just to say a thank you for all the hard work you both put in.

Plus old mo of course for Bagwell farm.
I will go to the new forest before Bagwell just to extend the time out,seems a shame to pass it and not go. So if any body wants to do the same,maybe we could decide which site and book individually .
Hi I am thinking of going to the New Forest on Sunday 19th looked at Ashurst site but open to any suggestions

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert

No help but we were at Norden farm week before last. They sell a nice cider in the shop

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi I am thinking of going to the New Forest on Sunday 19th looked at Ashurst site but open to any suggestions
We were there a couple of weeks ago. Lovely site with forest walks or cycle paths. Also very close to buses but only run hourly - Southampton one way and Brockenhurst, Lyndhurst, Lymington the other way.

Ashurst village about 10 minute walk.

Denise

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just as a point of interest....

Bagwell Rally is from Mid-Day 21st June till Mid-Day 3rd July..

Not as stated in @Jez and Lin first post... (Don`t want every one to bugger orft on the 28th.. :giggler:)

Extended so them that have travelled from afar makes it worth while fuel wise.. and this was decided after the Norden Farm Rally and the then New Forest Rally were not going to take place.. :crying1:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back