Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Bury Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E645
Exp
I'm a Newbie
This is just to make people aware that the Managing Director of Castlecroft Caravans of Radcliffe Keith Harrison no longer works for the company. He's also sold customers caravans mine included and done a runner with the money.

Sorry guys if this is the wrong place to post this.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
You can runaway from your problems but they will always come back and bite you on the ar%e.
Hopefully there will be no repercussions for yourself and the other innocent customers.(y)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
This is just to make people aware that the Managing Director of Castlecroft Caravans of Radcliffe Keith Harrison no longer works for the company. He's also sold customers caravans mine included and done a runner with the money.

Are you absolutely sure he has done what you suggest, otherwise posting could cause you problems further down the line
Sorry to hear of your loss if that is the case, and hopefully when it is resolved you get your money back

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The ident VIN number should have been recorded and cannot be replaced as it refers only to that van, I hope you wrote it down.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Castlecroft Caravans of Radcliffe
you had a contract with this company so if they were sold or stolen the company or their insurers will have to pay you

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
apparently the company went into receivership on the 21st September
then the OP may be screwed if the van was sold before the company went into receivership

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Was your caravan registered through the CRiS scheme?
If so, you may have a chance to trace it through this.

OP
OP
DJK

DJK

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Bury Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E645
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi
The CRiS system is Ok but it's voluntary and yes I have informed them of our loss Thanks

OP
OP
DJK

DJK

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Bury Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E645
Exp
I'm a Newbie
A little bit of news I have now got Trading Standards involved and they are looking at the case.
The Police are checking to see if I can have a crime number so a bit more movement Thanks for your comments
The company is still trading under the banner of Eclipse Outdoors Leisure Limited as Castlecroft Camping which is the new company that was created when Manchester Outdoors Limited went under

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I was in there a couple of months ago and commented to SWBO that the place looked ready to close, big gaps on shelves etc. how right I was. Hope you get your van back.

OP
OP
DJK

DJK

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Bury Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E645
Exp
I'm a Newbie
No Badknee they are still trading
The company the owned it 3 years ago and went under have risen under a different name well the directors have and the place never closed just carried on training.
A couple of months ago it was on hard times.
To be honest it's so bloody hard to find out the real facts. But now like I said with some interest from the Police and with Trading Standards going in I have a bit of faith "Not a lot" but a bit

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Used to be a great place back in the late eighty`s early nineties when I was manager there.. :nod:

Then the brothers and a loan Mr Phil ****** split the whole lot up St.Albans Branch, Wigan etc... and spent thousands on the new complex.... did well then started to go down hill..

I allway`s said they should have stayed as they were and sold off all the derelict buildings instead of spending that sort of money... plenty big enough it was..

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes it was a great place, we bought a caravan from them and lots of gear. I remember them when they were actually I castlecroft in the centre of Bury.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Assuming the OP`s Insurance was still Valid / In force (not cancelled). Then the "van" was in the hands of the "trade". Which would (should) mean that the OP`s Insurance, are liable under the Theft terms of the policy, which (should) kick in "If no other policy was in force to cover the event".

I recently had reason to Query this, following another post, with the CCC (who insure My M-H). That was the reply I had back. To the effect that the vehicle was still covered. and in the event of the Dealer not having cover (which they should) then the liability would default to (my) Cover.

Hopefully if the OP can get a "Crime Number" his insurance will pay out, (possibly even more than the sale would have brought?).

The one "fly in the ointment" would be that under terms of Receivership sometimes all such items are considered "part of the company Assets". Which is where it gets complicated.

I would be Pushing it with My Insurer's, in that position?

Pete

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
hopefully your insurance will pay, but dont hold your breath, if it was sold it wasnt stolen, the company went into recivership before you got paid, Im afrid it does not look too promising for you..

Ive had simular done to me (with a kitchen) never got a penny

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Used to be a great place back in the late eighty`s early nineties when I was manager there.. :nod:

Then the brothers and a loan Mr Phil ****** split the whole lot up St.Albans Branch, Wigan etc... and spent thousands on the new complex.... did well then started to go down hill..

And, pray tell, VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan, where St Albans comes into this ? :emo:

bert w

Free Member
Oct 23, 2015
salford
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
im new

DJK Castlecroft Caravans have also lost our caravan Reported to the police over a fortnight ago heard nothing yet Fom either the police or Castlecroft

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
a friend of mine was in a near identical position. placed their caravan for sale at a dealership. the van was sold and the dealer went bankrupt n the same week. that was about 10 years ago and despite the police being involved to investigate fraud, they lost the lot and got nothing back

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Some better versed in company law will probably know better, However My understanding is that the Receiver seizes ALL assets and can legally sell Said assets. Those assets do not actually have to belong to the company as long as they are on the premises they are fair game. this includes cash as well as Physical assets (and bank accounts).

Back in the 90`s. I sent a Printer (value then about £100-00) to be repaired by a company in London. Not long after delivery the company was put into receivership. And the printer was considered part of the assets. Eventually I got paid out by my insurer's under my household insurance as THEFT. Naturally I lost something as the printer was not regarded as NEW. But I got about 80% of it`s worth. Almost 10 years later I got a Cheque for 1.27p from the receiver as my "Final Share" of the assets!!

Pete

OP
OP
DJK

DJK

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Bury Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E645
Exp
I'm a Newbie
We let the insurance go because he said he had sold it in July so sorry not able to claim.
Spoke to the Police in length yesterday and the caravan is no longer mine they did what I asked them to do i.e. sell it. Which is right and they will be interviewing the MD with regards to the money next week so my claim will be against him not the company, which if you think about it is right. So we will have to see. Thanks for all your comments and advise.
They main problem is the law with regards to Limited Companies check the internet and you will see it's had 4 owners in the last 3 years all in the same family.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Sounds like an ideal case for the girls on the bbc to investigate / publicize or Don what ever his name is good luck.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
And, pray tell, VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan, where St Albans comes into this ? :emo:

Not wanting to go of topic... But the brothers had a large place in or near St.Albans..
At the moment I cannot remember the name..

There was a bit of a row and the brothers took that place as their`s and Phil Leffby (Not spelt right) took the Castlecroft place, as his third share.... I don`t know what happened to the Wigan branch and I believe another smaller place further down south..

The place at St.Alban`s may have changed names Closed down I don`t know..

This is back in the early nineties.. ok Mr Superdoopermike..(y)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Thank you VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan, interesting. Now, for your edification and bearing in mind rule 1, please note, when referring to St Albans the town, there is no full stop after the St bit of the name.

There you learn something everyday. I'm far too good to you. So please in future, you old fellow, get it correct when writing about such an illustrious part of this Emerald Isle. :sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back