May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
Hi everyone :thumb:
We have had our Hymer classic (2005 Ducato) a year or so and have lived with the fact that it has a botched seat conversion at the dinette. (see att. pic)

As it is the rearward facing double seat has been cut up and turned into a single sideways facing seat wthout a belt and it won't convert to the small double that it's supposed to. We are taking additional people this summer so need the extra space.

We need another doulbe seat as a replacement and have contacted caravanbreakers but no luck so far.

Are they pretty standard, I know that we probably won't get the upholstery matched up or anything, but are the fitments the same for most makes and models?

Is anyone planning on taking theirs out and we may be able to buy it off you?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As it is the rearward facing double seat has been cut up and turned into a single sideways facing seat wthout a belt

Ha ! I've sat pondering the same thing with out little Burstner 530.

It's impossible because of the main water tank under it. Why ? Well we bought 4 rear seatbelts for possible grandchildren use. This has not materialised so better lounging space would be an advantage. Looks a similar train of thought to your previous owner.

We have made up the bed but it's suitable only for children, a normal sized adult needs to sleep diagonally.

I improved the lounging space a lot by fitting a swivel to the driver's seat.

OP
OP
blueraven

blueraven

Free Member
May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
I suppose everyone wants an individual layout - not surprising really as we're all individual!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
blueraven

blueraven

Free Member
May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
Can anyone help me...?

:shout:
Hi everyone :thumb:
We have had our Hymer classic (2005 Ducato) a year or so and have lived with the fact that it has a botched seat conversion at the dinette. (see att. pic)

As it is the rearward facing double seat has been cut up and turned into a single sideways facing seat wthout a belt and it won't convert to the small double that it's supposed to. We are taking additional people this summer so need the extra space.

We need another doulbe seat as a replacement and have contacted caravanbreakers but no luck so far.

Are they pretty standard, I know that we probably won't get the upholstery matched up or anything, but are the fitments the same for most makes and models?

Is anyone planning on taking theirs out and we may be able to buy it off you?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back