Remoska - Grand or Standard? (2 Viewers)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
We've met a number or fellow Funsters that swear by their Remoska's, so we've decided to get one to fill that gap we have when we feel the need of something other than BBQ or grilled! (No fitted oven).

I've been having a look; there seems to be two sizes, the Grand which is 4ltr capacity and 29cm or the standard which is 2ltr and 22cm. What's the best one to go for? It is just the two of us and I'm sure the larger size would be better for a roast but is it then too big for a one pot curry or similar meal?

Also, has anyone used Alza.co.uk? In looking at prices they seem to offer absolute bargains like this Broken Link Removed.

Any advice before buying will be most welcome as always :)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Watching this watching this with interest. We do have an oven, but even so. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Does it stand on hob?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Without a doubt a fantastic addition to touring, go with the Grand then you can cook almost anything in it, the standard is just a tad too small and you will end up covering food with food so the bottom layer ends up steaming.
Excellent for cooking outside under the wind out awning saves the smells inside the motorhome and get envious looks from those passing.
We even use ours at home.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Alza link is the same product but as Lakeland have the rights to sell it in the UK they hike the price astronomically, obviously with buying abroad you don't get the Lakeland lifetime guarantee but at the price of Alza are selling them for you could afford to buy 2 and still be quids in! I know there are quite a few forum members who have bought them from abroad so it might be worth searching the threads.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We found the Grand too big for the van so bought a smaller one.

We use the big one at home a lot, but the smaller one on the van less.

If you have the room I would go for the bigger one.

My wife often does the Sunday roast in ours.

Great little things

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
hang on..are they 230v?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
hang on..are they 230v?
Yup .. so you can only use them on hook-up or via an inverter (if you have sufficient battery capacity of course!)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yup .. so you can only use them on hook-up or via an inverter (if you have sufficient battery capacity of course!)
some people camping next to us last year had a large stainless steel dome thing sitting on a table. forget the name but it was brilliant. had roast going on nicey under cover... all you fuel it with is one large BBQ coal. no good indoors!

found it..its a Cobb http://www.cobb-bbq.co.uk/

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The Cobb was all the rage at one point - the Hairy Bikers make it very popular! But it is limited due to the need to use it outside and it has to get up to heat first and then there's the mess ... the HBs don't use one now, instead they have the cheapo suitcase type canister stoves!

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
some people camping next to us last year had a large stainless steel dome thing sitting on a table. forget the name but it was brilliant. had roast going on nicey under cover... all you fuel it with is one large BBQ coal. no good indoors!

found it..its a Cobb http://www.cobb-bbq.co.uk/

And not to forget the Lotus Grill or even better the LIDL cheaper version the Florabest which was on offer in the summer at about £39 I think.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
I have a Remoska recently purchased from Alza and have had no problems at all.

:cooler:

That's good to hear...especially as I just went for it a moment ago, £80.40 with post and packing and a travel adapter, yep as I thought, it's coming straight from the Czech Republic!

PS - if you sign up for their newsletter you get a discount code and another fiver off

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have the standard Remoska, plenty big enough for the two of us and is just 400w , the grand is 580w .
Stands on work surface in moulded cradle.
Good bit of kit (y)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
We have the standard Remoska, plenty big enough for the two of us and is just 400w , the grand is 580w .
Stands on work surface in moulded cradle.
Good bit of kit (y)

Sadly, I lost the argument over size...again! :rolleyes:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We have standard and use it in inverter when needed in MH and at home all the time. Takes a little while to get used to and not "burn" things, but wife swears by it and for two people just the right size. The one we have is the old style with glass panel in lid.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Thanks for the replies which confirmed it was worth going for...if just for the occasional gravy roast dinner! NO MORE COOKING APPLIANCES that's it we should manage every occasion!

1. Cadac Safari Chef
2. LIDL Florabest charcoal BBQ
3. Slow Cooker
4. Steamer
5. Camping gaz single portable burner
6. Remoska

And all in a tiny Hymer...and we're still underweight! (which I should never have told Ginny!) o_O.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
And not to forget the Lotus Grill or even better the LIDL cheaper version the Florabest which was on offer in the summer at about £39 I think.

Lidl one seems to work but more a BBQ? seems a bit of a performance though...

whereas Cobb doubles as an oven as well even pizzas

Love our Cadac Safari....

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Love our Remoskas - have a small one in the motorhome & use the big one at home. The Remoska Grand cooks quickly without drying out the food & uses very little electric - fantastic chicken pieces (y)
With regards to size - if you have space the big one is ideal for 3/4 person meals but if like us you have limited space in the motorhome the smaller one is fine for 2/3 :) Mind you we like big portions especially roasted veg :happy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
the HBs don't use one now, instead they have the cheapo suitcase type canister stoves!

My daughter gave me one of these though and I have found it surprisingly good, the canisters seem to last forever and it's ideal when you want to quickly cook something outside...like a couple of smelly mackerel :wink:.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We had an all singing all dancing Cobb................ just could not get on with it. They are really sensitive to strong winds and we found either under cooked or over cooked everything................ so it went on Ebay :)

Bought an Omnia.................... never looked back (y) We have roast food and fresh bread whenever we want. Also discovered how good it is for reheating bread or pies etc.....

I think the most unknown under rated cooking aid for motorhomes......

Omnia here (y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

We also have a Cadac, but its not a true barbeque and is a chore to clean.
The Florabest is however a barbeque in that you are actually cooking on charcoal .
I line the reflective fat catching bowl with cooking foil which makes cleaning very easy and when lighting am ready to cook in 8/10 minutes, easy (y)

PS have even used it indoors once lit under cooker hood .

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp

The LIDL one is pretty good, excellent value and is just as well engineered as the Lotus grill and is very economical on fuel. Turning the fan up and down really does give control on the heat output. But it's more fiddly than the trusty Cadac and more a chore cleaning it up. I did find that I could utilise the Cadac lid which kinda fits. That was handy :).

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We have a Standard Remoska had it 8 years use it all the time in the van. More than big enough for 2, and cooks anything your electric oven at home cooks.
400w runs off mains or our inverter, regularly use it going along off the inverter so pull up and within a few minutes a nice roast dinner on the table.

Don't be tempted by cheap copies by the real thing.:)

Remoska Rools (y)

Deleted User
Um very tempted to order one now David, especially as you can bake cakes and such, Nige won't bake when away as uses too much gas so this could be ideal.

Lin :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back