SATELLITE SYSTEM for my rv (1 Viewer)

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
i ant to get a B2590 MAXVIEW SATELLITE SYSTEM WITH ELLIPTICAL DISH for my rv has any one got one of theseor used one

are they realy that esey to use and work well and they say??
or shuld i go for sme thing eles?

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I have the Maxiview crank up on my RV and works fine, quite easy to fit if your doing it , simple to use. Worked ok South France and Lake Garda the last few years.

Regards

Lampie

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
I have the Maxiview crank up on my RV and works fine, quite easy to fit if your doing it , simple to use. Worked ok South France and Lake Garda the last few years.

Regards

Lampie

ok thanks for that i have been offered one for £250

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I too have a crank up Satallite dish straight forward to fit, however I had to get a longer spindle and small box section connecting the crank to the dish mechanism due to the thickness of my roof.

100_0355.jpg

Regards Pat

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Hi I too have a crank up Satallite dish straight forward to fit, however I had to get a longer spindle and small box section connecting the crank to the dish mechanism due to the thickness of my roof.

100_0355.jpg

Regards Pat

ok i have a thick roof on my winni so i will have to do the same as youwhere did you get the extrs bits from?

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
ok i have a thick roof on my winni so i will have to do the same as youwhere did you get the extrs bits from?

Hi managed to get the box section from a local metalwork company but had to buy the length of square drive bar from 'Machine Mart' or 'B&Q' I think, then weld a short piece to the original.

Regards Pat

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I also have a Maxview crank up but wouldn't recommend due to problems with it moving in the wind.

Link Removed

Full story here:

Link Removed

Have a look at the CAMOS CRANK-UP "FLAT-SAT" SATELLITE DISH (RPR-D2259)

Link Removed

Report from owners

Link Removed

There are others who do Through-Roof Systems

Alden Confort, Globesat, Kathrein BAS.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I also have a maxview, and unlike Jim have never had any problems with it, but we don't have it up in strong winds.

Ours is also a winnie and if your roof is the same as ours (glassfiber) the spindle and box section supplied with the maxwell are all long enough.

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi I also have a maxview, and unlike Jim have never had any problems with it, but we don't have it up in strong winds.

Ours is also a winnie and if your roof is the same as ours (glassfiber) the spindle and box section supplied with the maxwell are all long enough.

Olley

I had no problem with the shaft and spindle length ..

After complaining about it moving Maxview visited me and fitted a new cranking mechanism, but as luck would have it there was hardly a breeze that day.. :RollEyes:

I have said repeatedly that it does perform well, is easy to align and works all over Europe but it suffers from a poor braking system that will blow it off line when it's gusty ..
When in Mimizan last Feb we couldn't watch TV for several days , yes it was windy, gusting around 25 - 30 kts but other vans with Alden and Camos weren't affected ..

hence my advice.. it is given without prejudice, I have no other motive other than to tell as I find.
If you don't mind cranking down in poor weather .. it's great, paradoxically it's in this kind of weather you are more likely to want to watch TV :Doh:

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I have a Oyster dish on my roof and travelling down through France, into Spain and then Portugal--I have found that the vans with dishes on the roof have more trouble getting a signal than the people who have a free standing dish. The biggest problem is trees or anything else in the way. It is not always easy to move the van to a better spot when on a pitch, then you have the wind. I got so fed up when in Portugal that I went out and bought a free standing dish and can now set it up with a good signal in a few minutes. I personally would not have a dish fitted on the roof again, knowing what I know now.

ken

S

stagman

Deleted User
i ant to get a B2590 MAXVIEW SATELLITE SYSTEM WITH ELLIPTICAL DISH for my rv has any one got one of theseor used one

are they realy that esey to use and work well and they say??
or shuld i go for sme thing eles?

I have fitted the Maxview to 2 of my vans .Both easy to fit and worked very well down to the South of France.Easy to set up .If it's windy use your head ,can you be without for one night .One evening near La Rochelle a couple years ago pulled up in an Aire and decided it was too windy to use the dish so I didn't . A van pulls in with something like a £1,500 automatic dish and the wind destroyed it ,so:thumb:

Bugsy

Free Member
Oct 25, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since December 2008
Hi

We've just fitted the Maxview B2590twin LNB version to our RV, because we wanted to use our Sky+ digibox. We also had to get the longer spindle and shaft and as Maxview are only 40 miles from our home (near King's Lynn, Norfolk,) Barry went over and collected them.

We had a lot of problems fitting it because you have to be precise to the mm when you cut the spindle and shaft!!!! In the end Barry got so frustrated because he could not get the spindle to fit, that he took the RV over to Maxview and saw their 'techie.' It took him 1 1/2 hours to get it working and he knows what he's doing and he also cheated by removing the lugs off the one of the pieces which fit on the inside of the vehicle. This allowed him to measure without permanently fixing the unit, not something you can do yourself. It would seem that Barry cut the shaft 1mm to long, which prevented the spindle reaching the dish mechanism and he explained to the 'techie' that he thought that the tolerances were far too precise for someone trying to fit this at home.

You also need to be careful when measuring where you wish to fit the dish so that it does not touch any other equipment.

We purchased our dish from GVL. Link Removed and you can also purchase the system from Snellyvision, ************************* Both companies will fit the system for you for a fee of £150.00 but obviously it all depends on where you live as to whether or not this is a cost effective option.

Anyway, it's up and running and working nicely. We use the system set up/signal strength menu on Sky when tuning in and so far it's been brilliant. We even had it working when it was quite blustery without losing the signal.

Good luck:thumb:
Toni

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back