Confessions in a Spanish shower block (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi . just a few km from nuevalos is laguna de gallocanta . its spains biggest natural lake . mind not that big . but soon or coming anytime will be the migration of cranes from scandinavia etc .
there has been as many as 50,000 birds there .
we have been there when about 30,000 were there .
you can get a night by the visitor center there just south of gallocanta village . one of the visitor center staff is from scotland .
we should be heading that way in 3 weeks time .
its nice anyway by nuevalos we do normally go that way then take the A2506 then left on the A211. have fun . its incredible when the birds arrive . big V formations .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Nice read @Mags52 and I like your idea of the 'wipe clean' map to track your progress..

.. I generally use a paper map for the same purpose and keep it as a record of our travels.. new map each time we go away.. so I have quite a collection..
they will become part of our family history for future generations to enjoy.. they won't 'disappear' or get lost in cyberspace..
can't beat 'old tec'
also have maps my dad used back in the 50s and 60s when we travelled with a tent and motorcycle..

safe travels Jim

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Probably too late now but if you were at the Nuevalos south west of Zaragoza you should visit the Monasterio de Piedra. The monastery itself is nothing special but the park beside it is stunning, but you do need a head for nights in places!
Do you have any guide books with you? We've found the Dorling Kinsley ones excellent as they list highlights of each region with pictures and a map which you can use to help plot your route.
There is much to see in inland Spain. You won't be far from Albarracin and the campsite there might well be open all year. This is another don't miss place.!
18609140723_cae2f2cbc9_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi, enjoyed reading your blog but with these things they are always upside down , with the latest first, so I read that one and can't be bothered going backwards down it. Why?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi, enjoyed reading your blog but with these things they are always upside down , with the latest first, so I read that one and can't be bothered going backwards down it. Why?
I have the same problem with blogs.
I have found the best way to right up a trip is to start a thread on here and just keep posting replies to it as each day goes by. You should also get much more feedback from folk which can be hugely useful in my experience. Having a blog separate to this forum doesn't generate a lot of response from what I have seen but they are probably better for friends and family.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I know what you mean but the blog is for lots of people not on Fun. One day I'll look to see if there's a better way of presenting it so that you can choose where you start from. Thanks for reading it though. ;)

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Probably too late now but if you were at the Nuevalos south west of Zaragoza you should visit the Monasterio de Piedra. The monastery itself is nothing special but the park beside it is stunning, but you do need a head for nights in places!
Do you have any guide books with you? We've found the Dorling Kinsley ones excellent as they list highlights of each region with pictures and a map which you can use to help plot your route.
There is much to see in inland Spain. You won't be far from Albarracin and the campsite there might well be open all year. This is another don't miss place.!
18609140723_cae2f2cbc9_o_d.jpg
We saw it i the distance but didn't try to get up to it in case we were too big. Fascinating looking place.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Nice read @Mags52 and I like your idea of the 'wipe clean' map to track your progress..

.. I generally use a paper map for the same purpose and keep it as a record of our travels.. new map each time we go away.. so I have quite a collection..
they will become part of our family history for future generations to enjoy.. they won't 'disappear' or get lost in cyberspace..
can't beat 'old tec'
also have maps my dad used back in the 50s and 60s when we travelled with a tent and motorcycle..

safe travels Jim
We use a permanent pen (Sharpie) to mark the map so that we can add another coloured line for the next trip. The wipe clean bit is handy for when we spill our beer ;)
I like the paper map idea too. You're right lo-tech is sometimes the best. We still keep a written travel journal as well as the blog.

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
I am loving the blog. I know what you mean about reading it backwards but I still do it! It makes a very engaging read but I would love to hear more about the dog friendliness of beaches etc as I am making a rough list of places I want to visit when we find a van! Our dog Dennis will be coming along for the ride ...

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in truth inland spain and the north are far more interesting than the med . if heading to the med though call in and have a look . there are so many places to just visit and enjoy the scenery etc . have fun .
i have old maps of spain etc but find the mapamax mapbook the best these days . buy in spain or off amazon .
my favourite is a 1974 map its written in swiss so you have to half translate it as well.
but its great for trying to follow the old roads .

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I
I am loving the blog. I know what you mean about reading it backwards but I still do it! It makes a very engaging read but I would love to hear more about the dog friendliness of beaches etc as I am making a rough list of places I want to visit when we find a van! Our dog Dennis will be coming along for the ride ...
I'm planning a post on dog friendliness and the practicalities of bringing them shortly. Thanks for the encouragement to keep writing. Mags

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We saw it i the distance but didn't try to get up to it in case we were too big. Fascinating looking place.
I think you would have been fine, you don't drive into the old town on anything other than a donkey, the campsite is about a kilometre or so from the town and an easy level work - until you hit the town of course. There is also an aire which is closer and a car park I am sure you could use - I saw on MH on it. No one will bother you in the winter.

Drop in on the way back after you have had more driving practise! :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We use a permanent pen (Sharpie) to mark the map so that we can add another coloured line for the next trip. The wipe clean bit is handy for when we spill our beer ;)
I like the paper map idea too. You're right lo-tech is sometimes the best. We still keep a written travel journal as well as the blog.
can I ask where you bought the laminated map ?

been looking on Google and there are a few to choose form..

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, I just wanted to add that I'm really enjoying reading your blog too:)

I notice there's an option to 'follow' - can you tell me what that does please? I don't do facebook or twitter so if it sends a notification of a new entry via either of those it wouldn't work for me (obviously:rolleyes: :getmecoat:)

Cheers x

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi, I just wanted to add that I'm really enjoying reading your blog too:)

I notice there's an option to 'follow' - can you tell me what that does please? I don't do facebook or twitter so if it sends a notification of a new entry via either of those it wouldn't work for me (obviously:rolleyes: :getmecoat:)

Cheers x
If you click follow on the blog it will send you an email when I put a new blog post on. Word Press is very good and you won't get spammed from putting your email onto it.
Thanks for your encouragement. :)
Mags

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If you click follow on the blog it will send you an email when I put a new blog post on. Word Press is very good and you won't get spammed from putting your email onto it.
Thanks for your encouragement. :)
Mags
Ah, if I'd have clicked on the 'follow' I would've seen that wouldn't I?:D........signed up anyway, look forward to reading more:).

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Got it on Amazon. Hope that link works. It's out of stock at the moment but worth waiting for I think. Very high quality plastic and will peel off without leaving a residue.
Mags
And it's up to date too. I was looking at my atlas yesterday and it shows Yugoslavia. May be time to buy something a little newer. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back