Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Gonna have a peek at one of these at the NEC , anybody got any experience of make and model ?
Usually any wriggle room on price ?
Cheers !

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Gonna have a peek at one of these at the NEC , anybody got any experience of make and model ?
Usually any wriggle room on price ?
Cheers !

We have a Kontiki 669 and are very pleased with it.
We have had it 4 months,its a 2013 3ooo litre automatic.
Its very spacious in the lounge area,and the island bed is very comfortable.
At the moment we cant really fault it.
Even the size is not a problem and I find it easier to drive than the 7m CI Cipro
we had before.
If you have any questions just ask and I will try and answer them for you.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Mine is a high line 669, loads of room very stable on the road, the only fault we have had are from component parts which are common to all motorhomes.
It gives 25 mpg when not towing and 23 towing our i10.
Off to the Lakes this weekend!

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
I had a highline 669 for four years and around 30k miles. Was on the robot automatic gearbox.
Plenty of room and Island bed good.
Pleasant to drive - they can actually hustle on Welsh roads!
As said around 20-25mpg.
They can be very front wheel drive on hill starts on wet French cobbled streets!
Had some water ingress sorted on warranty.

Swapped for Frankia platin :)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
If your thinking of buying new, they do not use wood in the construction anymore and you get a 10 year water ingress gaurantee.

Its well worth joining the swifttalk website,as loads of advice on there and if you ask questions on there you can get answers from Swift themselves.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I purchesedA 669 at this show last year. It was deliverd in june from Lowdams. A few niggles nothing major. There was a door missing, how that missed QC Idont know I am still chasing Lowdams. I am at the NEC tommorow so will have a word with Swift. It seems they have your money then they dont want to know. Ps I got £11000 off the price

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We are presently away for a year in ours (lowline)and have been up the steep roads of Norway this year and now in Portugal without any problems and it has been a pleasure to live in full time. We love our 'Lovebus' but having owned it for 6 1/2 years from new we have looked back and asked ourselves, 'what we may have wanted different'. When we chose the van we fell in love with the island bed. Now six years later we both agree that although the garage space is large and user friendly, when it comes to a LARGE garage it is not. If you are likly to want to store bikes or carry a scooter(125KG) or any manor of large items a LARGE garage is a lot more handy than the through garage you get with the 669. So look at options that give you the high cross bed thus giving you the LARGE garage option that we have found we wished we have. It is expensive later to change your mind. As far as reliability and leeks and all other points quoted we have had none. We have 36000 miles on the clock and it has not missed a beat. A few stupid small niggles when we first got the van sorted in a jiffy and away we went.
As you are buying at the top end take your time and look at a few of the German vans to see if they tick all your points and then decide. Even look at importing from Germany there are a few threads on here covering that subject and the savings are big, we are looking to change for a Cathargo.

Good luck and hope you have great fun with whatever van you decide to buy.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Have a 679 and it's just fine. Don't understand the comments about leaks. It's a 2010 model auto box.
Honda pcx 125 fits in the garage. Other than a dual mass flywheel issue last spring, no problems (touch wood). not bought from new.

Would think about storage space for bikes, chairs, etc good luck.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I purchesedA 669 at this show last year. It was deliverd in june from Lowdams. A few niggles nothing major. There was a door missing, how that missed QC Idont know I am still chasing Lowdams. I am at the NEC tommorow so will have a word with Swift. It seems they have your money then they dont want to know. Ps I got £11000 off the price
Eh? And your still waiting? Some quality control and PDI:censored:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Take a screwdriver with you to the NEC and remove the door you want from a suitable model on display. This may get their attention. :):)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have a 679 and it's just fine. Don't understand the comments about leaks. It's a 2010 model auto box.
Honda pcx 125 fits in the garage. Other than a dual mass flywheel issue last spring, no problems (touch wood). not bought from new.

Would think about storage space for bikes, chairs, etc good luck.

Historically they have a terrible reputation....

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Is Judgemental real?

So did landrover and Ford both having terrible historic reputations along with many other vehicle production companies and also historic motorhome producers. Like all companies who wished to stay in the game they needed to up their quality control now Landrover, I don't think you hear a bad word about them , Ford another company. Many motorhome companies went to the wall over quality issues. Swift as a company may have had historic issues and they probably would have gone to the wall if the product was as bad as people keep going on.

Do we see many posts on here from Swift owners post 2007 about major quality issues, I cannot recall seeing many. There are always issues over teething and I as an owner from new had a small number of issues that had I bought the vehicle second hand would have got on with a screw driver and sorted it at no real cost but I bought from new and sought the supplier to fix the issues which were done in jiffy.

Since reading many posts on here from fellow Funsters making sly disparaging comments about any van without real evidence to support (Do we know anybody who has been gassed?) I find rather petty, especially when the OP was seeking some views and advice as they were looking to purchase a Swift. If anybody had a legitimate area of concern to bring to the OPs attention backed by evidence then that would have been useful but to continually knock a product because a particular member has their own view of the product is wrong. If such a member wrote an article listing their views and alleged issues with a motorhome without evidence and caused commercial damage to a company there would be a good chance solicitors letters would be flying everywhere. All I ask is if anybody has real evidence of issues with a manufacturer support the comments with facts.

The fact that a member had a door missing on a vehicle is a major quality control issue and would love to hear the history between manafacture and supplier as to why a replacement has not been provided but this is nothing about the quality of the over all motorhome

You can tell I am sat in the sun with nothing else to do!

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Could not agree more, Russell The Kontiki Kidd is now on his fourth or fifth tag Kontiki. I would think that he would be able to give a reasonable opinion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back