Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Planning a trip along the South coast of Spain, heading eventually for Benidorm. One planned stop for a couple of nights is at Almerimar Marina. Anybody stayed there? Any facilities?

Bryan

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Planning a trip along the South coast of Spain, heading eventually for Benidorm. One planned stop for a couple of nights is at Almerimar Marina. Anybody stayed there? Any facilities?

Bryan
We stayed there last year. Lovely spot with water and waste facilities. I think there are EHUs as well but we didn't bother with those. Lots of bars and restaurants and we cycled up to the huge shopping mall for a bit of exercise and retail therapy! The showers are a long way from the parking area but we didn't need them. We parked overlooking the sea and it was lovely.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
@cliffandger, Great feedback, many thanks!

Wherever is "pitchable" a funster has been there! Never failed yet.

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I took a photo which I thought was very artistic but some people laughed and took the micky - can't think why........ ;)

image.jpeg

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Stayed there a few weeks back, 16 amp EHU. There are 2 sections the one on the mole close to the office with the great views, the other is over the other side by the commercial area, you have to get a pass from the main office on the mole and trundle round. It is a bit run down there and loads of grafiti which put us off. So we stayed on the mole, delightful. One bit of advice, dont stay Friday or Saturday the night club on the beach right behind goes on to the early hours, 5 ish, and is loud as they open the doors if its warm!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.

Bryan

Be careful, there are two M/H parking areas one is awful 12ft high walls in front and behind full of graphite. You need to be by the Harbour Masters office.(y)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Stayed there a few weeks back, 16 amp EHU. There are 2 sections the one on the mole close to the office with the great views, the other is over the other side by the commercial area, you have to get a pass from the main office on the mole and trundle round. It is a bit run down there and loads of grafiti which put us off. So we stayed on the mole, delightful. One bit of advice, dont stay Friday or Saturday the night club on the beach right behind goes on to the early hours, 5 ish, and is loud as they open the doors if its warm!
Take it you stopped there Friday/Saturday as did we,:) still enjoyed it.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We were there in March last year so no open doors and noise! I agree about parking by the main office and not over the other side, which is run down. We were there after a mammoth rain storm and we drove through flooded streets to get to it - but it was well worth the frightening aquatic drive!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Take it you stopped there Friday/Saturday as did we,:) still enjoyed it.
Yes sure was, and it was 30 plus! BUT we always have our trusty ear plugs! (needed some weekends with the Spanish having a good time) Will go again as we loved it too, mid week though.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
On the EHU I forgot, you need a special 4 pin adapter that the marina office lend you with a deposit of 50 euros (refundable) or passport.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
We were there in March last year so no open doors and noise! I agree about parking by the main office and not over the other side, which is run down. We were there after a mammoth rain storm and we drove through flooded streets to get to it - but it was well worth the frightening aquatic drive!

Must have just missed you:rolleyes: just had a look at date on photo, 3rd April Oh, and the doors were open.:LOL:
All this is making me "Spain Sick" :cry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL - last time I went to Almerimar, it was far from finished! They'd only been 'at it' a couple of years, then.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
LOL - last time I went to Almerimar, it was far from finished! They'd only been 'at it' a couple of years, then.

Like you, the only time we have visited the marina it was very much a work in progress and at the time we went by car. Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Bryan

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL @bryandh - they were only talking about building one! It might be quite nice now. Is the big hotel they were building by the golf courses finished? and is the course, ditto? They'd just laid the turf when we went and they had massive sprinklers going.

Where an acquaintances villa was you had to walk about half a mile to a very small, crowded outdoor swimming pool. There was one tennis court. There was a thatched bar and restaurant (where we ate that evening, I got bitten to bits on the parts of my thighs which were actually on the seat cushions - not mozzies, God knows what but took all winter to heal) and that was about that!

Hopefully it's slightly better now ......

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Be careful, there are two M/H parking areas one is awful 12ft high walls in front and behind full of graphite. You need to be by the Harbour Masters office.(y)

So where is the HM office? We fancy some winter sun in January and Almeria sounds brill :xThumb:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have, hopefully attached a leaflet!!

Attachments

• hotel-almerimar-SLL-1_20_238_146.pdf
    377.9 KB · Views: 28

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
As you seem risk averse do a street view, as the entrance to the Aire proper is confusing first time. The logical entrance has a chain across and the opening is over to your left right by the waters edge, that takes you up to the marina office and then you can go round the roundabout at the end and back into the chained aire. If I have not confused you further!!

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Simples!

Find the Marina and drive toward the Control Tower at the boat entrance to marina, for the best parking area.

Bryan.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I've got it ! thanks peeps :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries