A Bigger Little Adventure, (in a bigger van) (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Being the worlds worst blog keeper, I thought I would do a thread on here instead.

We started our 2nd tour yesterday with our 1st night stay at the exotic Cornish Farm where Eddie VanBitz has fleeced us of all our money before we even leave the country!!

Then, because we will be very poor when we leave here we are going to visit a couple of reprobates in the New Forest to scrounge of them for a few days. Once their larder is empty we will go a visit the two mothers. Duty done, it will then be a bee line for the ferry in about 2 weeks time for a leisurely drive through France and down to Spain. It will be interesting to see how we get on with a significantly bigger van.

We have had a fantastic year, partly due to some amazing Funsters - meeting new ones and old ones throwing a brilliant hen/stag do. Some that drove a huge amount of miles to share our special day and just in general being amazing people. Thank you one and all.

Currently in Taunton sight seeing while Vanbitz do the biz on Nessie.

Last night sunset at Cornish Farm
image.jpeg

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Very pleased with your decision. I love reading the ongoing stories of trips of all sorts but if they are on separate blogs I only remember to look at them at very irregular intervals. But if they are on here as a thread I will probably see them when I hit "New" or even better if they are logged as a Watched thread I'll get an email about new postings.
Look forward to your adventure once you have eaten the mothers out of house and home.
Best of luck to you.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I didn't know where Cornish Farm was so I Googled it. It isn't in Cornwall! They should be done under the Trades Description Act - but it looks very swish. Do they give you shears to trim the lawn edges around your pitch with?

But all the best and have a safe crossing and subsequent trip down to Spain. :)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I didn't know where Cornish Farm was so I Googled it. It isn't in Cornwall! They should be done under the Trades Description Act - but it looks very swish. Do they give you shears to trim the lawn edges around your pitch with?

But all the best and have a safe crossing and subsequent trip down to Spain. :)
I thought it was in Cornwall too, until I made the booking. Thought we had to go to Pasty Country but turned out is was Cider Country instead. The pitches and grounds are the neatest I have ever seen.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I hope you have a great winter trip and I'm sure you will be fine with the bigger motorhome we never have a problem ( same van lol ) we will be a week behind you .

Paul & Lynne

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a wonderful trip, so pleased you are doing it this way, just put it on my "watch" list looking forward to following your adventures. (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
@Popeye has done a super job of the new en-suite, such a stylish flare with the decor, it's a bit drafty though!

Bloody good innit, can't do right for doing wrong.......... I was told that everyone north of the Watford Gap had an outside loo, so I was being the good host and providing one.

If she hadn't got so Pis sloshed she wouldn't have needed the loo.......

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Oh dear Popeye , has Sandra let her self down , thought she was off the drink this month , tut tut :wine:lol

Not at all @Lottiethehymer she has dived straight into the washing up when our dishwasher threw a little tantrum last night so she has earned herself some more brownie points.

Broken Link Removed

Lottiethehymer

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
Northampton
Funster No
MH
B class
Exp
May have gained brownie points for doing that , but what is that she has in her hand , a glass of red maybe , tut , tut , Mrs Stoner lol

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Griff/Paul , Jackie , Sandra & Colin. looks as if you are all enjoying your time together.
We enjoyed our time with you both at dorset meets & malvern,
Hope you all on your separate travels have a great time & come back & tell us all about it.
Griff if you need anymore on brittany if your still going give me a shout.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
After a superb few days at Popeye Towers today we are back on the road and heading to Solihull to visit my mother.

We have had a great time with Jackie and Paul and it was with some regret when we drove out of their drive.

After Jackie and I dragging a very reluctant Colin and Paul around the huge Ikea in Southampton. The next day we dragged them around the shops again in Sailsbury - what a wonderful city that is.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

We then spent a day singing for our supper and helped out in the garden. You should have sevens Colin's face when he saw Paul's power tool collection, he was like a kid in a sweet shop.
image.jpg

Jackie directing Colin (he's in there somewhere).
image.jpg

We then allowed them time off for good behaviour so they could watch the rugby.
Izzy thought she was in doggy heaven getting spoiled by everyone and such a great garden to investigate.
image.jpg

Thanks Mr and Mrs Popeye, looking forward to seeing you again soon.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Col & Sandra, that's some garden Popeye's got for the dog in your last photo.
I take it that the second photo is of Popeye Towers (only joking)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The one with the dog is the back of the back garden, i.e the Forest and no it is the 3rd photo that is Popeye
Towers, very OTT if you ask me! :whistle:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Duty done, mother visited, laundry done, weighbridge visited............... HOLY COW, how much??? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: SVTec on the phone in a nano second - don't panic Mr Stoner just fill in the form and spend us money. I can feel another delay to our departure coming on :crying:why did we not think of this sooner?

Anyway, this is home for the next couple of days so not all bad. A lovely little CS called Barford Top, near Saddington in Leicestershire. Lovely views all round and very quiet.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Only just seen this thread:wub:......the new van looks lovely but huuuge.
Looking forward to reading about your adventures:)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Only just seen this thread:wub:......the new van looks lovely but huuuge.
Looking forward to reading about your adventures:)
It is a monster Debs, we grounded the rear on my mums drive whilst getting on and off, she wasn't very impressed when a deep white scratch appeared across her pristiene black tarmac.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It is a monster Debs, we grounded the rear on my mums drive whilst getting on and off, she wasn't very impressed when a deep white scratch appeared across her pristiene black tarmac.
Oops:whistle2:....:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back