Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi..come on you know some people fill there own for about 6 quid. but be carefull here we go again !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Greetings All

Is £20.00 expensive for a 6Kg Propane Calor gas bottle refill

What price do you all pay?

The Calor gas depot at Lee Mill nr Plymouth sells the lightqweight ones at £18 I believe that the metal ones are around £14.will soon find out as I ned a refill:Eeek:

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
It seems we pay a alot Baz compared to others who buy the bigger bottles, Bugger:ROFLMAO:
Like the sound of the refilable ones ones for £7. How much would that cost to set up?

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
calor prices

we just got one last week £16 . 80 from Washington tyne and wear:Angry:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
try e bayno. 260418198885. does a kit as well for europe. fill a 19 kg for less than 20 quid ,makes sense .fill 3 bottles n your in your broke even:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi mark
We pay £21-99 for a 13kg and we get two bottles in the locker
with an inch to spare.

regards
bald eagle

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
£26 for a 13kg from garden centre last Sunday.. seems about normal round here...

John

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
if you can do without calor gas, then you can get it a heck of a lot cheaper,

places like flogas, maybe shell gas but i dunno about them,

you need to carry 2 bolltes of course, as when one runs out you cant replace it on a campsite...hence the reason people use calor...and why calor get away with charging so much,

just when one runs out, you find your nearest flogas or what ever bottle you have stockist... usually be a hire place or builders centre, and nip there for an exchange,

i remember flogas used to be free bottle hire, just pay for the gas, and they'd give you a free regulator, but that was cos they used a different size thread to calor, but nowadays it's those fixed regulators, so just an adaptor/pig tail needed.

i have had a fixed lpg tank for about 10 years now, cost me £300 for it (the tanks them selves are about 100 quid, and go up about a fiver for every step bigger you take, it's the valves that cost, about 80 for the safety valve, 50 for the filler which has the 80% fill shut off float valve in it, 40 for the guage, and so on)

but once you've paid that out, the tank is fixed under the vans floor, so you get a locker free'd up to store other stuff in, and to fill up you just go to an autogas pump and pay 50p a litre, of if your really lucky, find a place that will sell you domestic rated gas, which dosent have the fuel duty on it,

but that's getting very hard to do, as more and more people run their big engined motorhomes on lpg, so it's easier for them to just refuse to sell at domestic rates even if you can prove it's a vapour take off tank, and only feeds the cooker, heating etc.

You could always do what i did, rip out the gas heater, fit an eberspacher diesel water heater, domestic style radiators, 20 litre hot water tank,
havent filled my gas tank up for almost 3 years now, as it only runs the cooker and oven, plus the generator when i get round to fixing the engine (have a 2 stroke one in there temporarily, but cant run it on gas due to needing oil in the fuel)

S

stagman

Deleted User
Greetings All

Is £20.00 expensive for a 6Kg Propane Calor gas bottle refill

What price do you all pay?

I pay £16 for a 11kg of propane:thumb:

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Thankyou all for your input.

With the adapter off ebay would i just fill my Calor bottle up at a LPG pump at a garage?

Once i have 11 litres inside it just close the bottle valve and remove the adapter. i can then use it to cook and heat the van?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hello markymark.. yes its as simple as that , on an empty bottle . if part full weigh it n take off the tare weight (stamped on bottle usually )or weigh the empty bottle n make a note of it . work out the contents n make up the difference. get the europe fillers incase you go abroad. if you lived by me i,d let you borrow mine once .then you would buy one.:thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thankyou all for your input.

With the adapter off ebay would i just fill my Calor bottle up at a LPG pump at a garage?

Once i have 11 litres inside it just close the bottle valve and remove the adapter. i can then use it to cook and heat the van?

Didn't think it was either legal or safe...........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back