Portable Satellite kit - £29.99 - Lidl - 8 June (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Link Removed.

Set includes digital Free-to-air receiver, satellite dish, single LNB, remote control, cable for in-car power supply, 10m antenna cable, SCART cable and much more
Does not receive freeview™ or subscription channels
Includes connections for 12V DC or mains power supply
3 year manufacturer's warranty
Price per set
was £64.99
*compared to previously advertised price

£29.99*
Only available while stocks last

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
worth it just for the 12v receiver alone :thumb:

I think the information on these adds can confuse potential buyers..

It says not for Freeview .. well, of course it's not, that's for Digital Terrestrial TV

Oddly enough, free Digital Satellite TV is called Freesat :RollEyes:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
worth it just for the 12v receiver alone :thumb:

I think the information on these adds can confuse potential buyers..

It says not for Freeview .. well, of course it's not, that's for Digital Terrestrial TV

Oddly enough, free Digital Satellite TV is called Freesat :RollEyes:

The terminology is definitely confusing isn't it.

Is Freesat the service which is received? I thought it was actually a different service from the free-to-air channels received via the Lidl (and equivalent) boxes, even though both make use of transmissions from Astra 2.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Would this dish and lnb work with a sky digibox with valid viewing card (ie. would you get all the sky channels that you subscribe to?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The terminology is definitely confusing isn't it.

Is Freesat the service which is received? I thought it was actually a different service from the free-to-air channels received via the Lidl (and equivalent) boxes, even though both make use of transmissions from Astra 2.

Graham

Hi Graham .. now I'm confused.com :Blush:

From what I can make out from the official Freesat site,
Freesat transmits in HD .. and has a few more channels than the normal free to air transmitted from Astra 2 .. so the normal sat digi box won't get all the Freesat channels..

more confused than before .. :Doh:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
It is not freesat, what you can get is all of the unscrambled channels from Astra (the same as if you remove the card from your sky box) plus lots of other satellites.

Ralph

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It is not freesat, what you can get is all of the unscrambled channels from Astra (the same as if you remove the card from your sky box) plus lots of other satellites.

Ralph

Thanks for clearing that up Ralph. We have the Aldi box. There are certainly lots of different channels from different satellites - and very few of them worth watching ::bigsmile: That's probably the main similarity to Freeview :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Would this dish and lnb work with a sky digibox with valid viewing card (ie. would you get all the sky channels that you subscribe to?

Dunno Bryan. I only do computers, not complicated stuff ::bigsmile:

Graham

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Better queue early, they dont stay on the shelve for more than minutes:winky:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class

Hi Bryan

If all you want is a dish with an LNB, there are offers on ebay for around a tenner, although these bits sound worth the extra!!. I bought one of these kits years ago for about £80!!

A sat dish with LNB can be connected to any sat decoder and if aligned correctly, will receive the satellite signal and channels available on the satellite it is receiving. As I understand it, Freesat is actually Sky's version of a Freeview type collection but via satellite. The generic decoders such as those in these kits will receive loads of channels, most of which are not worth watching, but they are not the Freesat collection - the name is what Sky calls its non-subscription channels available via its decoders, as they are "free" ie no subscription cost!

Laurie:RollEyes:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
someone selling one at a local boot sale......£60 N.I.B...sounds a bit expensive as im sure it was the aldi one from just the other week.:winky:

nearly bought it for hagga's sale meet but changed me mind incase it didnt sell and i got stuck with it:cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!