Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Hi anyone got one ? I'm looking at getting one after getting the bug buying a none runner and now I've decided to just bite the bullet and buy a cheap new one for £500 or so.

I know they're not fast but just want it for a bit of fun. Possibly fitting it on the back of the me later so anyone know the lightest one ? Don't have thousands of pounds to spend so kinda limited to what I can have

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
The last chinese engine I split was made of play doh ,useless and very poor workmanship so much so that none of my local bike shops will service or repair them Far better to get a second hand Jap scooter with parts availability and good build quality.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use a chinese dax style m,bike . done over 10,00mls , had to replace the rear tyre last winter as i had worn it out. great machine . folding handlebars ,carries two sort of . weighs 80kg , had mine 14yrs . its a jincheng jc90-6 sold in uk as easyrider.
only had 1 rear tyre ,2 speedo cables ,and servicing in its life oh and a few batteries . but doesnt need a charged one to be usable .
i would happily buy another if i had to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I've seen quite a few Chinese motor bikes and scooters but never seen one without rusty chrome, OK as long as you don't get them wet I suppose

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
My first Chinese bikes clutch fell to bits and could not get parts. This was 10 years ago. Bought another a few months ago 125 bike. Done 800 miles on it had to have new speedo and 2 front fork seals. None are without faults so just use it lightly and it may last a few years. If you do buy a Chinese bike look on E bay for spare engine as parts. The frame and forks should last a good few yeas.

steve & ann. ---------- teensvan

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
when you get it put some of this in it after you have run or pout it in when new
I know one person who put it in just after he got it the bike is still running now for years later runs like new and he dose 50m a day on it
bill

http://www.ametech.co.uk/

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
I did buy a Lifan 125cc for £400 brand new off ebay plus £65 to register it and £70 deivery.
Used it everyday for 3 and half years. sold it for £260 on ebay. Only replaced idicator flasher relay 50p and throttle cable snapped had to get one made up £5.
They rust the same as the early Japs did but they are cheap but spares could be a problem. However buy new cheap enough sell before mot but another. Mine had plenty of power for a town runabout and would evenyually hit 60 on a straight road with the wind!!!!
you get what you pay for

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ave a look at the Lexmoto or Pulse Range,

have just aquired 1 Pulse lightspeed 125cc for Grandson ( second hand ) on a 64 plate well impressed for the money. spare not a problem and are relatively cheap.

if you are not going to hammer it on full throttle day in day out ( as per a teenager ) then do you really need to part with more money for a Honda or a Yam

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when you get it put some of this in it after you have run or pout it in when new
I know one person who put it in just after he got it the bike is still running now for years later runs like new and he dose 50m a day on it
bill

http://www.ametech.co.uk/
Says it all Bill.....put engine restorer in a new engine.
Wouldnt waste money on a chinese bicycle never mind a motorbike

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
My son had a pulse 50 when he was 16 no problems but only had it for a year until he got a mini (proper not bmw) .I think they are good for the money as far as I can see thepeugeot v-clic is the same thing re-badged!!!!. De-restriction is easy went a lot better then!!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Its like this.
I would not have one to do anything even vaguely serious on, but for the van, with an expected yearly mileage of maybe 5-600, no problem.. I ended up with a 125cc Sym for that reason.
Cheap as chips, expect nowt out of it bar the basics, if it rots away ( as it will ! ) then no worries

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I brought a new Lexmoto Valencia 125cc last year for the back of the motorhome, is weighted 93kg i think. we used it in Spain and it was ok but just not fast enough with 2 people on it. It would barely go above 35-40mph which again is ok but if you want to travel to the next town on some long roads that seems like a nightmare and it struggled to get up some of the hills in southern spain as well. I decided to sell it and i brought a Sym Joymax 300i, this is of course a lot better and more powerful. It lives in our garage most of the time at home and when on the back of the motorhome it will be undercover. Not worried about the rust as it will last a good few years which is all we need. If getting a 50cc i would just check it is suitable as we thought the same getting a 125cc and this was definitely not up to the task. I am sure the branded makes will be better in some respects but they dont warrant the huge difference in price depending on what you are using them for of course.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m still using my chinese dax . will be on it later. it carries two with a bit of a squeeze can do 60mph .its 90cc sold in uk by fluff brown the trials chap . my mate has a 110cc lifan he has had no trouble with his .
only things i have replaced on mine are a rear tyre .worn it out and three speedo cables . think riding it off road doesnt help the cable bouncing around .
have had some 50cc ones as well bought them for my partner she hadnt passed her bike test. had no trouble with them either.
have also had a 250 lifan for 4 years ,bought it for my son but i ended up using it . great bike . sold it last year to a member of 365 its in france at the moment in their truck for the winter.
you can get quality chinese if you look for it.
after all you cant buy british , and what a load of crap their bikes were .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back