Solo member (1 Viewer)

Maureen

Free Member
Oct 5, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido
hi, very new to this but keen to meet other like-minded people who enjoy travelling and adventure. Many years experience of camping, caravaning and joining my parents on holiday with their MH. Not owned one yet, but just having returned from a 4 week holiday in the Algarve towing a caravan,I've come to the decision that a MH would be far better for me as a solo female traveler hoping to spend extended periods of time exploring pastures new. Any help, advice would be much appreciated!

OP
OP
M

Maureen

Free Member
Oct 5, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Thanks for the warm welcome, feel more relaxed already ..... Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome:welc:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Welcome:). Maybe go to a few shows, have a good look around and take some time deciding....

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, as you have had caravans you may have some idea of the lay out, do your research ask questions on here, I am sure you would enjoy motorhoming a great way of life. :welc:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
thwelcome1.gif
Hi

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome,:welc:

Lots of ex campers & caravanners on here:D

Check out the rally & meet section (although we are getting to the end of the season sadly)

Doesn't matter if you are part of a family/couple or single traveller - everyone is made welcome:)

Hope you get something soon.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We just bought our MH off a young surfing girl who took it to France And Spain for two and a half months on her own. She had a fantastic time. So don't be scared. Just do it. :D

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
hi, very new to this but keen to meet other like-minded people who enjoy travelling and adventure. Many years experience of camping, caravaning and joining my parents on holiday with their MH. Not owned one yet, but just having returned from a 4 week holiday in the Algarve towing a caravan,I've come to the decision that a MH would be far better for me as a solo female traveler hoping to spend extended periods of time exploring pastures new. Any help, advice would be much appreciated!
Welcome Maureen you won't be on your own at all they are many good people out here willing to help out whatever your problem

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello from here too!

I bet you'll enjoy travelling around La Belle France, once you got your brand new (to you) toy !
Rallies as well in France, some in Spain, others in Portugal and for more adventures, organised trips to Italy and Morocco!

So there, you just need to have a look at the rally section, or at the solo travellers section, and you'll have plenty to do!

Bienvenue....

Amicalement

Frankie:);):cool:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello Maureen. I am a solo traveller. I enjoy my own space but love meeting other funsters too .... the couples are also friendly natives you know... :) .. Come along to a meet and come and say hello. :)

Robert 314

Free Member
Oct 15, 2015
Taunton. Somerset.
Funster No
MH
MH within 3 months.
Exp
Converted van. 5 yrs exploring.
Hi Maureen. Welcome.
I have been a lone traveller for several years and on my extensive travels I have met numerous others, male and female, and I don,t think I,'ve ever come across a female that did,nt feel entirely safe amongst like minded travellers.
Several years ago I met a 70 year old lady who travelled around in her old motorhome. It was lovely cooking her breakfast while she painted on a sunny morning.

Attachments

• IMG_6623.jpg
    IMG_6623.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 24

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Maureen and welcome to Fun Our kettle is always on and if every you are at a meet where we are please come and say hello :) :) :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Maureen hope you are now a full member and therefore receive this..... Please come back on and tell us. There are a few meetups going on near you over the next months ... coming up all the time .... you would be made really welcome by everyone and decide how best to use your new motorhome. If you just want a smaller van to start with why not have word with @Terry to see if he has one for sale. :)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Maureen, Welcome! Here is the link to the ladies meet we're planning next April. I've also bumped it up so that it appears on recent forum posts.
Best wishes
Mags

shane the nomad

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Anywhere the handbrake go's on
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Two years ...so newbie....ish !!!
hi and welcome to the best club Forum ive come across. i joined at the peterborough show,i chatted to a few members and was made to feel very welcome.Have you bought the Brit Stops book for an alternative motorhome experience? Free over night stops in uk and Ireland also all the aires books for europe via vicarious books.Lovely places to safely park up by the sea,canals and countryside locations.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back