LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Anyone use this and is it any good. It's only a fiver to download just wondered what it's like first before I take the plunge. Read somewhere you can use it offline also. Thoughts please.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Very good, works offline but you don't get the maps, if you have TomTom on the same device it will put in the co-ordinates for you and route there.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Campercontact is my App of choice - it's quick and easy to use.
I use the web version too because the reviews are automatically translated for you

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Can someone explain about using the web version as this is the worst thing about the app is it in another language ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can someone explain about using the web version as this is the worst thing about the app is it in another language ?
In the top right of the screen you should be able to select English.

I used the CC App extensively on our recent trip to France, using a 7" tablet. I've looked at the other sites but for usability CC is streets ahead in my view but by all means look at the others as clearly some people like them.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks for all the replys looks like the wife will have to spend a fiver. (y)

Its all we ever use and a sight better than 'DEFINITELY NOT All the Aires book'.
We have just returned from a month in France and with Camper Contact finding us an Aire for the night, we only stayed at 2 Aires that are in the supposedly 'All the Aires book', I think trades description should be contacted as to the title
I was convinced to buy one (£25 - by the way) by the recommendation on this forum - what a waste of money!
Simply down load the files to your satnav, its all you'll ever need and we only have the free down load.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Can anyone tell em how to download the files into my Garmin please?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can anyone tell em how to download the files into my Garmin please?
You need to download the Garmin POI loader programme. You then use this to copy the file from your PC to the Garmin where the file will probably be held in a folder called Extras. This is where mine went because at first I couldn't find it! Make sure you download the correct Garmin format file from CC.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I have used the camper contact app for some time without a problem but it recently changed & on my tablet it now has a "lite version" banner at the top & no longer works offline.
It works fine on my phone (no banner, as I have the full version) but on the tablet, although it allows me to sign in to my account, it won't let me update or use it offline.
When it changed I renewed/paid on my phone thinking it would be the account that determined the permitted use, but it seems not. Anybody know does this mean I have to pay again for each device?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have used the camper contact app for some time without a problem but it recently changed & on my tablet it now has a "lite version" banner at the top & no longer works offline.
It works fine on my phone (no banner, as I have the full version) but on the tablet, although it allows me to sign in to my account, it won't let me update or use it offline.
When it changed I renewed/paid on my phone thinking it would be the account that determined the permitted use, but it seems not. Anybody know does this mean I have to pay again for each device?

I don't know the answer but just opened mine up and they must have changed something as on the iPad it says "full version" at the top which I have not noticed before, the iPhone one does not say anything at the top but both work OK offline.

Marin

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I tried to activate on Jan's phone using my account and it wouldn't let me ... so I assume you can only have it on one device.

If it doesn't say 'Full Version' at the top of the screen, you only have the trial.. or 'Lite version'

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
we,ve used it on the trip we're on and it has been very handy.The favourites tab is good as you can sync it from the online version to your tablet/phone.My only grumble would be the choice of colours and size of fonts on the map,when I zoom in the fonts seem to shrink but apart from that it is indeed tres bonne.(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suspect you will have to buy the full version again for your tablet.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Mine changed to lite version, but my year is not up.
Does anyone know how I can email them as can't find contact? ??
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back