where IS your diesel night heater fitted ? (1 Viewer)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I'm getting a diesel night heater fitted. and was wondering where yours is fitted/located especially if you have an autotrail.
Do you just use the single blower vent for the heater or have you connected it to the existing blown heater pipe work.?

And if any of you have fitted it your self to a 2008 fiat or similar, did you put a fuel pick up stack in your fuel tank.?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
not on a fiat but fitted one to a vw wasnt difficult just drilled through the sender unit for the pick up pipe and we only had outlet im sure the size of your van you will need to duct it either end so a central position would be best on the side with the easiest run for the ducting

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Remember to choose a place for the exhaust to exit as well. As a long distance truck driver for many years in different vehicles I can tell you that some were bloody noisy and I would rather be cold than deaf! :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I know, being a trucker my self,,although more ex now, it was like sleeping next to a jumbo jet, used to be nice though to come back to a nice warm cab even in a morning when set on timer.

The motorhome type have little exhausts on them now and can hardly hear them.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Again not an autotrail but ours is in a false bottom in one of the under seats in the back. Silly place IMHO but it does seem to be quieter outside than others.. scares the dog though.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ours is in the bottom of the wardrobe. One vent blows into the loo compartment next door, the main vents are in the kitchen and a third runs in trunking to the front. The advantage of being in the wardrobe is it warms the bottom of it so useful for drying boots etc but it also means it warms any wine or beer kept above it!

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
On my A class I fitted mine in the drivers door footwell, there was a mass of empty space there because there is no longer a door and just a false floor,
perfect for the heater with just one vent going out behind the drivers seat, aimed at the lounge,
if fitted correctly there is no discernible noise in the cabin and minimal noise outside,
I used both a exhaust and inlet silencer and a flexible rubber mount for the electric pump to stop the ticking,
works a treat and very economical with diesel ,
I also made sure the exhaust was routed away from any drop vents to stop the likelihood of fumes inside the habitation unit,

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
On my A class I fitted mine in the drivers door footwell, there was a mass of empty space there because there is no longer a door and just a false floor,
perfect for the heater with just one vent going out behind the drivers seat, aimed at the lounge,
if fitted correctly there is no discernible noise in the cabin and minimal noise outside,
I used both a exhaust and inlet silencer and a flexible rubber mount for the electric pump to stop the ticking,
works a treat and very economical with diesel ,
I also made sure the exhaust was routed away from any drop vents to stop the likelihood of fumes inside the habitation unit,
So it doesn't blow into the bathroom?

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
So it doesn't blow into the bathroom?
nope just into the lounge,
we also have the normal truma blown air heater that does heat up the Shower/ toilet compartment when needed,
we prefer minimal heat when sleeping and when I jump out of bed to make the missus her tea and toast I flick the eperbacher on to warm my bits before diving back into bed,;)
time we have had our tea it lovely and warm to get up to, whatever the temperature is outside,

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back