Fantastic or Fiama Roof Vents and Fans (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I have three Fiama vents in our roof two with fans. We live in the South of France so a lot of sun and the white plastic bits are powdering and falling apart. I hear about the fantastic vent is it a direct replacement for size etc? As I have two motors it is probably better just to replace the parts I need does anybody know if it is possible to replace just the basic bits? The clear plastic tops are fine and obviously the internal bits including the motors are fine so I really just need just the white through the roof parts.
Anybody any suggestions. I did find a trader at Peterborough once who had a very large stock of salvaged and presumably end of line Fiama Stuff, we bought a second fan unit from him for a fraction of the cost of new but have lost his details.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Steve

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I cannot compare performance, but I have had 2 fantastic vents on my US RV, and specified them on my new Flair. I think they are great, simple operation which keeps the van feeling cool, easy clean dust and bug mesh, and now you can remove the fan blade easily too for cleaning.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Removed our air con and fitted Fiama roof vent with build in fan same as fantastic vent. There are loads of post on this subject:
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a fiamma turbovent over the bed and its great. However it gets a bit mucky. Any suggestions on accessing the inside for cleaning without dismantling the whole thing.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I have a fiamma turbovent over the bed and its great. However it gets a bit mucky. Any suggestions on accessing the inside for cleaning without dismantling the whole thing.
The only way is to dismantle it. I did mine on returning from UK last month, took about an hour, however you need to access roof to clean mesh from that side. makes a big difference to amount of light and breeze.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The only way is to dismantle it. I did mine on returning from UK last month, took about an hour, however you need to access roof to clean mesh from that side. makes a big difference to amount of light and breeze.
Interesting, the latest Fantastic vents have of course the historical removable internal screen, but now have a removable external one as well, 4 screws accessed from the roof unforunatly. The fan can also be removed inside the MH from its spindle by releasing the locking screw. All covered in the maintenance instructions. So if you are making a choice between Fiama or Fantastic, this may be a decider for you based on Johns post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Interesting, the latest Fantastic vents have of course the historical removable internal screen, but now have a removable external one as well, 4 screws accessed from the roof unforunatly. The fan can also be removed inside the MH from its spindle by releasing the locking screw. All covered in the maintenance instructions. So if you are making a choice between Fiama or Fantastic, this may be a decider for you based on Johns post.
So no difference really other than a few extra screws.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Except that it only takes 5 mins max to remove the internal cover and fan AND clean and reassemble the current Fantastics. Not the 1 hour you refer to for the Fiamma, was my point

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back