Truma gas filter cup replacement recall (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Is this the filter system they had to develop because they couldn't/wouldn't stop their regulators from failing due to oil build up?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It is for oil build up but as I understand it many regulators suffer from a build up of oil in certain circumstances, but if that understanding is wrong then you may well be right?

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Yes they are the filters they brought out after so many failed including ours.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That's interesting, N+B have the Truma dual as one option extra, and the filters as another. Luckily I selected both, but without any advice or command to do so. ie "this option only available with option so and so". So someone was guiding me?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
As a complete numpty with all things technical, I have to ask please:
  • What bit of kit does the gas filter attach to?
  • Am I likely to have one?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
As a complete numpty with all things technical, I have to ask please:
  • What bit of kit does the gas filter attach to?
  • Am I likely to have one?
It is in the gas line from the valve on the bottle to the regulator

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It is in the gas line from the valve on the bottle to the regulator
Thank you ..... but ..... I'm embarrassingly ignorant about all of this stuff (I know, I know, shouldn't be allowed near a moho :unsure: ) I've had a look in the gas locker & can't see anything like in the picture or the video.
Is it to do with a moho actually running on gas, or just gas that we'd use for eg fridge etc?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I cannot speak for running on Gas but ours is on our Gasit bottle lines to the regulator. I selecetd the option without having a clue what they were, now I understand they seem a worthwhile extra if you have Truma regulators.

Reactions: CWH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can someone explain why this gas filter is now required ?

In all my years of using bottled Butane and Propane gas I have never had a regulator 'gum up' with oily residue .. in fact I can't recall ever having to replace a regulator..

If it's oily residue from the gas, how come regulators fitted direct to the bottle don't fail ?

is it something to do with using refillable bottles with Autogas ?

but Autogas is propane.. the same gas sold in Calor bottles .. as far as I know there is no difference.

or perhaps it's because refillable bottles are never cleaned out before refilling and accumulate the oily residue ?

Not suggesting that they (filters) are not required.. just curios

puzzled from Suffolk

perhaps @Truma Customer Service can shed some light ?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Can someone explain why this gas filter is now required ?

In all my years of using bottled Butane and Propane gas I have never had a regulator 'gum up' with oily residue .. in fact I can't recall ever having to replace a regulator..

If it's oily residue from the gas, how come regulators fitted direct to the bottle don't fail ?

is it something to do with using refillable bottles with Autogas ?

but Autogas is propane.. the same gas sold in Calor bottles .. as far as I know there is no difference.

or perhaps it's because refillable bottles are never cleaned out before refilling and accumulate the oily residue ?

Not suggesting that they (filters) are not required.. just curios

puzzled from Suffolk

perhaps @Truma Customer Service can shed some light ?

regulators on top of the bottle dont fail because the crap falls back straight into the bottle. when a reg is fitted with a pigtail that goes above the level of the top of the bottle then down to a regulator the goooooo settles in the regulator " fail"! after a while.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
regulators on top of the bottle dont fail because the crap falls back straight into the bottle. when a reg is fitted with a pigtail that goes above the level of the top of the bottle then down to a regulator the goooooo settles in the regulator " fail"! after a while.

yes.. heard that explanation.. fair enough .. also that rubber leaches out of pigtails.. hence using stainless steel pigtails

here is the Truma video..the regulator and filter are above the bottle outlet

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i recently had a Secumotion regulator fail 3 years old and always had the pigtails going up from the bottles to the regulator. still failed. of course i dont know it was the gunge that did it.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i recently had a Secumotion regulator fail 3 years old and always had the pigtails going up from the bottles to the regulator. still failed. of course i dont know it was the gunge that did it.

Truma regulators are notorious for failing.. was hoping @Truma Cutomer Service would have an explanation... or maybe not.. :LOL:

I changed mine to a Clesse whilst fitting 2x11kg Gaslow bottles..

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Truma regulators are notorious for failing.. was hoping @Truma Cutomer Service would have an explanation... or maybe not.. :LOL:

I changed mine to a Clesse whilst fitting 2x11kg Gaslow bottles..

Snap except Gasit Bottles

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
On our last van I had two Truma regulators fail, so replaced with a Clesse. I also had a spare Clesse but never needed it.
I'm not sure who makes the regulator on our current Burstner but it definitely doesn't look like a Truma.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
THESE FILTERS ARE A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY.

I bought the truma filters ( professionally fitted) so that I wouldnt have to worry about poor quality gas.

Used the system for allmost 2 years without problems and then fitted a bottle of Moroccan Butane and the problem recurred within a week.

Hope that saves people some money.

Jon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back