Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Nah then,
I need to join some clubs but not sure of the benefits ya get from them, I've just stayed at seacroft caravan park in Cromer, arrived about 3pm on sat and left at 12 noon on Monday £30 quid a night.....what for .....some singer singing songs to about 7 couples....shan't be doin that again. So help me if ya can what do I do or get at a cc...ccc....cl....da....and all the others....ie do some have club houses, fishing, or is it just a field....do I get a bit of discount......and these rally things what are they and what's to do if I went to one....and who suggest one in the first place.....daft questions maybe but I hope to get some help....

Thanks.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
What's important to you on a site?
Low cost pitches
Full sanitary blocks
Manicured site
Just a field with chemical toilet drain and freshwater tap
Clubhouse and bar
Pool
Rural location
Close to public transport
Dog friendly
No dogs
Children friendly
No children
What's your age group
Do you/would you, rally

Answer those and we'll be able to advise the best place(s) for your camping lifetstyle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
I'm late 50s and the other half is early 60s, we would go anywhere where we can take the dog ...no children, near a bus stop, have toilet and shower, private and maybe a bit of fishing...oh and a rally

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Plenty of campsites around no real benefits from membership of any club.
We were members of CC and CCC for years but dropped CC about 4 years ago no point can never get a pitch and ridiculously expensive. Still in CCC as we use some CS sites and also their Camping o5n the Forest sites if not for that we'd dump CCC as well.

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never mind any clubs, get yourself over to France, save a fortune, as well as different culture , good food pleasant people, better weather, no brainer(y):)

Ditto
Was about to Edit my post with the same comment.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Chaser I'm with you on that France really is the place to be, but my post was just for a weekend away not too far away from Lincoln

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We spent last week touring northern England something we havnt done for four years , never again:( what a bloody rip off lot , ccc £14- £22 a night stuck in a field nowhere near anywhere with a wooden hut with an earth closet, in fact the best deal we had , unbelievable though it sounds was haven in Blackpool £22 for two nights.

Upvote 0

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
We were in cc for a year but it was not a friendly place! Very regimented pitches and once when we were leaving DEAD ON TIME [12.pm] they wouldn't let us empty the grey or black water as they said that would cause chaos- and we should have done this before we left as there was an [invisible ] influx of people waiting for the change over time. And we paid through nose for this!
CCC is just the opposite- always had fab times when we stay on their pitches- good discounts on the ferry to France as well.They have a lot of small quiet sites as well as the bigger pitches . Hope you love jaunts in the van as much as we do.. have fun!

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I need to join some clubs but not sure of the benefits ya get from them
When we first got our van we didn't join any clubs, you have already joined the most important one! :D
As time went on, we did start to investigate various clubs. We are members of Britstops (very important that one) and also for complicated reasons, we belong to the caravan club. There are a few sites that we need to stay on at various times that are CC only.
Take your time, see what your needs are, and then join the clubs that suit you. Everyone has different needs.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Leave it until you need them can join usually on the spot and some will give you the form and leave you to post it later if you bother ;)

Upvote 0

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
I am a member of the C & CC because you get a huge discount for RAC cover.

We have never used any of their facilities and we have a huge pile of the monthly magazines - they look intersting but are all unopened... one day, when I have some time...

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Most of the clubs seem to be good for one thing or another so suit different people in different ways. Were members of the C&CC but we have had thoughts about it. (n)

Upvote 0

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We are members of both CC and C&CC clubs. We find them reasonable value but we travel off peak. CL sites are all good and well but the price difference is often so slim that the Mrs would rather get more facilities for the money.
Maybe we have been unlucky, but on the fe occasions we have tried to book CL sites they have been very regimented about how long we should stay and what time we should arrive.
We found C&CC great in Scotland as we could wild camp then show up at their sites from time to time to empty and refill water etc and have slightly more powerful showers.
We are always asked to show our membership cards. The discounts for members soon pay off the initial cost of membership.
Biggest problem with CC is that they allow deposit free bookings so people book up loads of sites on spec then cancel just 72 hrs before arrival.
We are just back from a tour of Yorkshire and found the CC had the best sites and the best locations. In Scotland we found the C&CC to best meet our location needs. Swings and roundabouts.
We are also members of Britstops but have found pub carparks a little noisy for us when we have wanted an early night. Plus you feel you should at least buy a couple of drinks if not a meal there. Soon makes it more expensive than a campsite.

Upvote 0
Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
We are also members of Britstops but have found pub carparks a little noisy for us when we have wanted an early night. Plus you feel you should at least buy a couple of drinks if not a meal there. Soon makes it more expensive than a campsite.
I thought the objective of using Britstops was exactly that - to have a few drinks and/or a meal! o_O Therefore, the additional costs of staying overnight is zero.(y)

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A lot of spleen venting going on! We've been in both clubs for probably 30 years or more. Do we use them? Occasionally, though not as often as was once the case, because as someone else has said there are tons of good quality private sites out there. There are also lots of poor ones, and the one thing the clubs give you is consistency. So we will stay members. We have the MH insured through CCC and 300 quid for fully comp including Euro wide breakdown cover is I think a good deal. Ok I wish the CC wouldn't let people book up all the pitches as they do (they ought to charge a deposit which would solve the problem in my view) and sometimes I think both clubs employ site managers who clearly do not like people, which you would think is a pre-requisite for running a campsite, but I can put up with that. Was pleased the CCC reduced their annual subs for online subscribers. Cc should do the same.

Upvote 0

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Never mind any clubs, get yourself over to France, save a fortune, as well as different culture , good food pleasant people, better weather, no brainer(y):)

Great advice if you live near a channel port but not so handy up here in the north of Scotland. We have just returned from a month long trip to France and loved it and will certainly return. However as it is a 1,300 mile round trip just to Dover it is not a trip we will do for less than a month.

My advice is, never mind any clubs, get yourself up here to the Scottish Highlands, save a fortune (you can wild camp), as well as a different culture, good food, pleasant people, better weather (currently enjoying a beautiful sunny morning), no brainer. :D

KH

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Great advice if you live near a channel port but not so handy up here in the north of Scotland. We have just returned from a month long trip to France and loved it and will certainly return. However as it is a 1,300 mile round trip just to Dover it is not a trip we will do for less than a month.

My advice is, never mind any clubs, get yourself up here to the Scottish Highlands, save a fortune (you can wild camp), as well as a different culture, good food, pleasant people, better weather (currently enjoying a beautiful sunny morning), no brainer. :D

KH

Couldn't agree more with what you say about Scotland. We had a wonderful 5 week tour last September and wishe we could have extended it by another couple of weeks to take in the Orkneys but we ran out of time and had friends to visit on the way home in Bonar Bridge, Buckie and Dalgety Bay. Had the best weather ever and if only the west coast above Ullapool was nearer to Cornwall! We covered mor than 2000 miles on that trip, and that's th second time we've done it, the first time though we still lived in Yorkshire which made it much shorter.

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Couldn't agree more with what you say about Scotland. We had a wonderful 5 week tour last September and wishe we could have extended it by another couple of weeks to take in the Orkneys but we ran out of time and had friends to visit on the way home in Bonar Bridge, Buckie and Dalgety Bay. Had the best weather ever and if only the west coast above Ullapool was nearer to Cornwall! We covered mor than 2000 miles on that trip, and that's th second time we've done it, the first time though we still lived in Yorkshire which made it much shorter.
We also do north Scotland quite a bit (Highlands & coastal).
We also have friends in Dalgety Bay.
We're also Cornwall, ex-Yorkshire.
Just wondering - are you us/ are we you? :LOL:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back