South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Latest Travel Information

• For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
    Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.
    We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.
    For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
    Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 03/10/2015 - 01:20 (GMT +1hr)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Just makes you wonder the adgenda of this latest organised group .also the clips you see on the various news channels of the "refugees" most dressed ,looking like they have just come from Marx & Sparks ,followed by comments that they have been on the move for hundreds of miles .
Must be me I only have to go into town and back and look like I've been in same clothes for a week

Just saying :whistle:

"A Eurotunnel spokesman described the latest incident as a "massive invasion and intrusion by a very large and co-ordinated group of migrants".

He added: "They arrived together an in a well-organised manner, broke through the fences and all clearly knew where they were going."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Easily solved.........Stop all trains and then put a huge fishing net over the holes our end. When its full, pick up net and throw in the sea!!!!! We can trial it out on those wonderful MP's that serve us so well.....!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.
    Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 03/10/2015 - 01:20 (GMT +1hr)
Thanks for the 'heads up' Helen, we were meant to travel on the Tunnel this morning
Have been able to get a space on P&O ferries - though I'm sure many will miss out on traveling today as it says on their website that space is VERY limited

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Thanks for the 'heads up' Helen, we were meant to travel on the Tunnel this morning
Have been able to get a space on P&O ferries - though I'm sure many will miss out on traveling today as it says on their website that space is VERY limited
Let us know how you get on.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
funny this i saw the cones being put out on Thursday, mentioned to folks i think operation stack is being prepared.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Glad we have just returned on the ferry from Dunkirk. Thought we might have saw some immigrants there but we never.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Easily solved.........Stop all trains and then put a huge fishing net over the holes our end. When its full, pick up net and throw in the sea!!!!! We can trial it out on those wonderful MP's that serve us so well.....!
It is easily solved ! Don't stop the trains.Just treat the casualties the same as other debris & clear as & when necessary.
Glad we have just returned on the ferry from Dunkirk. Thought we might have saw some immigrants there but we never.

You never see them at Dunkirk.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

Last update: 03/10/2015 - 06:36 (GMT +1hr)

I'm logging off now, hope it gets going again soon

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Running with delays again from 7 this morning, hope to be back to near normal by 10.. Can't see that personally

I do wish that some of you with hateful opinions would keep them to yourself and not use informative threads like this as an excuse for disgraceful banter...

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Running with delays again from 7 this morning, hope to be back to nosl by 10

I do wish that some of you with hateful opinions would keep them to yourself and not use informative threads like this as an excuse for disgraceful banter...
Where did you see that Eddie?
On the tunnel website earlier it said that anyone with bookings this morning should re book as there were going to be severe delays once the trains start running again

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Where did you see that Eddie?
On the tunnel website earlier it said that anyone with bookings this morning should re book as there were going to be severe delays once the trains start running again
Live on sky news, they were discussing it...tunnel trying to take the presure of I would think

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Live on sky news, they were discussing it...tunnel trying to take the presure of I would think
I just checked their website again just now and its saying that they are clearing the backlog and you should check in as normal - I wish they'd make their minds up cos I just wasted £128 on a Ferry ticket I don't need :cry:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I just checked their website again just now and its saying that they are clearing the backlog and you should check in as normal - I wish they'd make their minds up cos I just wasted £128 on a Ferry ticket I don't need :cry:
It also says you can use your tunnel ticket on the ferry

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Jeez £128 one way having a laugh aren't they! Don't panic Mr Manering! springs to mind:giggle: (sorry)
I only live 1.5 hrs from tunnel so would have just turned up..waiting in a camper no hardship really

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Here's the link if it works
Broken Link Removed

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Running with delays again from 7 this morning, hope to be back to near normal by 10.. Can't see that personally

I have little time personally for those fit young men who would damage fences and assault Eurotunnel staff and police by throwing stones at them. They are hardly demonstrating why they deserve the UK to welcome them as future citizens. I think they should be dealt with severely, water cannon and tear gas and batons if needed. But France is a safe country and so are others they travelled through to get to Calais so being at Calais is a choice they have made. I understand they want to get to the UK as they view it as the best place for them but again it's a choice, not a desperate bid for safety. However, you are absolutely right, some of the banter on this and other threads has been disgraceful, not worthy of a so called civilised society. I would echo your sentiments and hope this "banter" stops.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Here's the link if it works
Broken Link Removed
That's a news post saying you can use your ticket on a ferry - Eurotunnel Sao you can't - crazy!!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
C'mon guys, this is a post in Motorhome Chat about Eurotunnel Delays.
Its an INFORMATION post, not a rant about Immigrants
I'm all for free speech, but please lets keep the 'opinionated' stuff for the Belly Locker

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's the Migrants that are the cause of all these Tunnel Delays. So why should we not discuss them?

Bu its all our fault...We caused the disintegration that started in Iraq and flowed into Syria, Libya likewise...:rolleyes:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Update !!
En route to the Tunnel we read online that delays had increased to 2.5 hours, furthermore operation stack had just been put in place.
Decided to switch back to plan A - headed down to Dover to catch the Ferry we booked this morning.
No money lost in our tunnel ticket as we are frequent travellers and can its it any time.
Sat in line to join the next ferry in just over an hour
Couldn't have worked out any better!
Italy here we come

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

It wasn't hateful, just an opinion of what Eurotunel ,running a business , should be doing. They are criminal the so-called "refugee's ", nothing less.

I have little time personally for those fit young men who would damage fences and assault Eurotunnel staff and police by throwing stones at them. They are hardly demonstrating why they deserve the UK to welcome them as future citizens. I think they should be dealt with severely, water cannon and tear gas and batons if needed. But France is a safe country and so are others they travelled through to get to Calais so being at Calais is a choice they have made. I understand they want to get to the UK as they view it as the best place for them but again it's a choice, not a desperate bid for safety. However, you are absolutely right, some of the banter on this and other threads has been disgraceful, not worthy of a so called civilised society. I would echo your sentiments and hope this "banter" stops.
See above reply.

Bu its all our fault...We caused the disintegration that started in Iraq and flowed into Syria, Libya likewise...:rolleyes:
Yes mistakes were made, but working on your assumptions we can trace it back to world war 2 ?:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back