Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it
Hello all I am new to the motohome world ...so far I can hook-up, work the loo and make a cup of tea haven't got a clue on anything else but I am working on it.....what is taking up so much time is the Hand-Book ....I keep having to refer to it....but it is fun....I hope to get to grips with the water this week-end..but hey-ho.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello all I am new to the motohome world ...so far I can hook-up, work the loo and make a cup of tea haven't got a clue on anything else

You must be very hungry.

And perverted - what kind of person reads the hand book. Come on, how hard can it be :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Crazylazy and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

I can hook-up, work the loo and make a cup of tea :Blush:
Blimey you've got it all sussed out already. :winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, don't forget to check out the chat room, we have a quiz in there as well every thursday evening. Jim Motorhome check list is an invaluable guide to all things, (apart from the ASCI card apparently, hee hee). The ulimate book of checklists. Destination is the journey log book that is unique, never seen another like it, like all the other mercantise Jim sell it supports the running of the site so do have a look. We look forward to meeting you at one of the shows.
7d8bb0f6.gif

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hello all I am new to the motohome world ...so far I can hook-up, work the loo and make a cup of tea haven't got a clue on anything else but I am working on it.....what is taking up so much time is the Hand-Book ....I keep having to refer to it....but it is fun....I hope to get to grips with the water this week-end..but hey-ho.

You mean theres more?? :Eeek:

I know that when I flush the loo is goes somewhere else :thumb:

Oh and Welcome to the fun side of life ::bigsmile:

Boo

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
handbook

You must be very hungry.

And perverted - what kind of person reads the hand book. Come on, how hard can it be :)
hey! if all else fails might as well try the instructions:Doh:have fun. But rather than try the water try the rum its much nicer:Eeek:

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Important lesson

Hi,

1. Find Fridge.
2. Turn on
3. Fill with beer/wine to taste.

Done!

Enjoy your van

JOe::bigsmile:

OP
OP
C

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
I have a confession.. the fridge was the first thing I had to get working ...yes! I was being weighed down with the booze bottles and cans....perhaps thats why I'm having difficulty....must sober up next time!!

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
was in this position a couple of weeks ago with our first MH its amazing how quick it all starts to sink in especially from asking on forums and other campers on site.

good luck and enjoy.

OP
OP
C

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
BIG QUESTION....how do I obtain the famous Jim's motorhome check-list book I have heard about it ...and feel I need it!! I need more practise on this site not sure I have got my Threads/Quotes/Replies right yet....but it's fun!! Here goes!

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
Taylor make your own list add to it with experience.

think what you need for cooking / washing up / opening tins cutlery / pots/pans/ kettle

toilet shower stuff

contact details of insurance / breakdown / dealer etc

bedding

clothing

this will start you off

type on computer print and laminate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries