Free insurance (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you can get free insurance and cut out the insurance companies and their rediculous charges........
you just need a spare £500,000.

Today UK law is defined by Link Removed, which was last modified in 1991. The act requires that motorists either be insured, have a security, or have made a specified deposit (£500,000 as of 1991) with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court, against their liability for injuries to others (including passengers) and for damage to other persons' property resulting from use of a vehicle on a public road or in other public places.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
its always been that way london transport buses were never insured as they had the deposit in lieu.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
In 1996 a securor lorry run into the back of my 3 day old shogun and wrote if off I was stationary in traffic on thr A10 (driver on phone)

They were self certifying.

Paid up 18 month later after hellish court battle (glad I had money to fight them at the time)

Had motor trade policy at the time which was useless so left to dfeal with it myself.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
In 1996 a securor lorry run into the back of my 3 day old shogun and wrote if off I was stationary in traffic on the A10 (driver on phone)

John,

That must have been an example of a classic driving without due care case, was the driver prosecuted, that would have helped your civil case no end (not as I see it needed it?)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Have we got a "Supreme Court" in the UK:whatthe:

you can get free insurance and cut out the insurance companies and their rediculous charges........
you just need a spare £500,000.

Today UK law is defined by Link Removed, which was last modified in 1991. The act requires that motorists either be insured, have a security, or have made a specified deposit (£500,000 as of 1991) with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court, against their liability for injuries to others (including passengers) and for damage to other persons' property resulting from use of a vehicle on a public road or in other public places.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
John,

That must have been an example of a classic driving without due care case, was the driver prosecuted, that would have helped your civil case no end (not as I see it needed it?)

Driver was only prosecuted for driving without due care and attention (within 3 month) yet he rammed me into a Volvo my dad was driving bending it so the doors needed firemen to open it and a further 2 cars got damaged in the line. The strength of the shogun saved me.

Got worse as I hired a car and they said a Micra but I felt as I was a shogun driver why should I drive a Micra for what turned out to be over a year and the expenses was touch and go as the judge reckoned a Micra was fairer.

I will never understand why as they were clearly to fault racked up all these costs, they didn't even want to buy a new shogun that had 13K worth of damage and early on in the negotiation got a good bid on the wrecked car.

This to make things worse happened with days of my brother being killed by a drunk driver on the A10.

Twas not long after this experience I lost my golden touch and crap started happening and still is:Doh::cry::cry::cry:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, Have we got a "Supreme Court" in the UK:whatthe:

i reckon we must have.......the sum is in pounds (£) and the artical refers to 'the road traffic act 1988'.

i also didnt know and thought it was an american judicial thing.....you live and learn:thumb:

appears the police, ambulance and fire services and some council and parks depts use this method of insurance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back