Breakfasting in France poll (1 Viewer)

French hols. Your most frequently eaten, hence fave brekky. Includes your own van cooking.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Mine is without fail, a pain au raison and a piece of lush, large, french fruit.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
boiled eggs baguette cheese and salami ............but only in France at home coffee and a couple of ciggies

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have baguette toasted on one of those toasters for a gas ring.

You can't beat French bread for that(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We alternate, muesli one day scrambled eggs, bacon and tomatoes the next. We eat bread only once or twice a week.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We could have done with more than one option. Toast is only part of a touring breakfast. Toast with an egg or fruit.
I know, the list cld have been endless, but toast meant just toast. Will amend the eggs one to eggs and toast :) Was interested in how many peeps stick to their usual british type fayre and how many enjoy the french nosh first thing. We camped next to one couple who wldn't entertain eating anything other than a fry up first thing and went as far as stocking up on british sausages !!!

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Can't amend the eggs benedict so read that as eggs, boiled, fried whatever and toast :D

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I know, the list cld have been endless, but toast meant just toast. Will amend the eggs one to eggs and toast :) Was interested in how many peeps stick to their usual british type fayre and how many enjoy the french nosh first thing. We camped next to one couple who wldn't entertain eating anything other than a fry up first thing and went as far as stocking up on british sausages !!!
Apart from a baguette nothing else takes my fancy for breakfast. Croissant Choc au pain or Pain au raison are ok for women but hardly a mans choice. Toast with a bit of fruit or a boiled egg Yum.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Warm croissants, can't do with cold ones, unsalted French butter and bonne maman apricot jam + 2 cups of tea. Groaning here, just started 5:2 diet and ready for my off diet day brekkie now!
Must be something to bonne maman jam, its popular!

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Nothing but a cup of tea ! Only buy croissants when we have guests !

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Apart from a baguette nothing else takes my fancy for breakfast. Croissant Choc au pain or Pain au raison are ok for women but hardly a mans choice. Toast with a bit of fruit or a boiled egg Yum.
:boxing: shocking division of gender comment there, some of the pain au raison eating fellas be round to see you with something heavy in an hour or 2 lol !!!!! To be fair tho, some of the pain au raisons are massive, I'll try and upload my pic of the one this hols, bigger than a larger than large scary tabloid spider !! :france:

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
really surprised at the amount of cereal/fruit lovers. The fruit tho is so much nicer there isn't it ? Fat and sweet and lushness, even the ones in a glass :wine:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
shocking division of gender comment there, some of the pain au raison eating fellas be round to see you with something heavy in an hour or 2 lol !!!!!

In fact, in my experience, pains aux raisins are real virility enhancers. Give me a pain aux raisins man any day!;););)

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Croissants for me with a local honey mmmm.:):)
We bought some lavender honey when we were nr St Remy, not tried it yet. Not a lover of croissants, they don't feel filling but are nice with fruit, determined to try them now with honey :D ....... when I'm off the diet next May !!!

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
In fact, in my experience, pains aux raisins are real virility enhancers. Give me a pain aux raisins man any day!;););)
Must get mon mari to eat more of them !!!!!! He's a croissant man :)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
It varies,croissants,pain au raisin,pain au chocolat,eggs-scrambled,poached,boiled or omelette (Carolyn gave a demo of making omelettes in Paella pan on a Cadac at Marjal ) (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
really surprised at the amount of cereal/fruit lovers. The fruit tho is so much nicer there isn't it ? Fat and sweet and lushness, even the ones in a glass :wine:
And the fruit seems ready to eat as well, not rock hard as often the case in the UK. We finished off the peaches today, they were of the flat, mouth-shaped variety, can't remember the proper name for them, but they were yummy. Had them after our usual lunchtime salad.

Which might be a good subject for a second poll - we have cold meats, cheese and salad virtually every day for lunch unless we eat out.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We bought some lavender honey when we were nr St Remy, not tried it yet. Not a lover of croissants, they don't feel filling but are nice with fruit, determined to try them now with honey :D ....... when I'm off the diet next May !!!

Start of every trip I buy a jar of local honey to have with my croissants then have the rest at home with porridge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back