Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,
just turned off my gas valve but the gas is still comming through. Any thoughts before phoning them?
Thanks,
Lee..

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Had this happen on my gaslow bottle, turns out the rubber seal had come out on the bottle. No way to get it back in i am afraid or not that i could see as now the valve is stuck so mine is being fixed by the dealer along with a load of other issues not relating to the gaslow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Maybe it was caused by turning off the tap with a bit too much oomph . ? !?

Not sure how you can turn it off with a lot of oomph, unless you are really fast at turning your hand, for me simple right turn off left turn on, one day went to turn it on and it wouldnt move. Pair of grippers made it turn but i also then noticed a small rubber ring had come out so i am assuming this was the cause. No way to get that back in without damaging it and as these come with a 10 year warranty (or more cant remember) easier to get the dealer to sort. Not an issue for us as we had 2 bottles and the other one still worked. :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The OP's valve is passing.. not leaking from the valve stem to atmosphere

the rubber O ring referred to is on the valve stem.. the seat is brass to brass seal..

the bottle valve will pass if

a) not closed properly
or
b) valve seat dirty
or
c) valve seat worn, scored or damaged.. which can be caused by overzealous tightening or dirty gas

The bottle will leak to atmosphere if the valve stem packing( O ring) is old or damaged..

Best advice is to visit a Gas -It agent and have it checked.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The OP's valve is passing.. not leaking from the valve stem to atmosphere
My new gasit cylinder was doing exactly that, in fact both inlet and outlet valve stems from the cylinder were showing a positive gas leak test. I checked all gas connections including their own from the factory, and I suggest anyone doing a DIY job does likewise. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back