Ouch! My little Lily is in stitches ... not the funny sort! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My poor little Lily has been to the vet today to have a cyst removed from her back - she was very, very poorly a few years ago in France and as part of the emergency treatment she had some injections, one of which was in her back and she has gradually reacted to it so it had developed into a small lump which wasn't causing her any problems at all. However over the last few months it got larger so we had already told our vet we were going to book her in to have it removed once we returned from holiday - we didn't want to do it before as she loves swimming etc so we didnt' want to stop her doing that on holiday.

Anyway, she had the op today and is now lumpless but the size of the incision is massive and if it was me I'd be very unhappy I'm sure, but it's not bothering her at all! We were advised if we wished they'd send the cyst off to be checked but as we know it occurred shortly after the injection in the same place we decided there wasn't really much point. The vet suggested putting a t-shirt on her to prevent her scratching/knocking it which isn't a problem as she loves wearing them - the kiddy that she used to belong to used to dress her up!

In the first photo taken on our recent you can see the lump on her back, and the second shows the incision and stitches ... the third is her 'modelling' a very fetching t-shirt - despite the grey chin she's only 7!

She's going back for a check-up on Thursday and we've been given strict instructions that she has to wear one of her t-shirts so they can see how cute she looks!

Lily Lump.jpg
Lily stitches 1.jpg
Lily in bed.jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we went to pick her up this afternoon the nurse came out and said I needed to go and get her myself form the 'back' because when the cage door was opened Lily quick as a flash she'd done a runner and although they'd managed to shut her in the X-ray room rather than stress her by trying to catch her they wanted me to go get her. The nurse said she'd never known a dog be able to move so fast after an anaesthetic!!!! She's a feisty little s*d ... Lily not the nurse!

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Lily.....ultra cute and a superstar.

Sorry about your little guy @calion. Maybe you could put him on a lead and guide him a bit in these early days. You be his guide human. After all we all need a helping hand now and again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Poor girl.
Our JRT had a very bad gut in France a few years back and the vet there put an injection in her side (not sure exactly where) now she has a lump on her side but not sure if it's that or a big dog that bit her across her back a while ago! So far it's staying the same size and doesn't seem to worry her! It is a hard lump that you can't get hold of with the fingers, was Lilly's like that?
I had forgotten about the injection until I read your post. When I showed it to our Vet he thinks it could be just local trauma to the big muscle there and just to keep an eye on it!

Deleted User
Our chocolate lb Biskit has a lot of fatty lumps had some removed last year, one on her belly and under atm pit, boy was it's trauma getting the stitches removed from under her arm, belly no problems loves to flash it, try getting her to show an arm pit no chance! She was happy running about though.
Hope your little one is feeling ok. Great Ideas with t-shirt, Biskit needs another lump removing under other arm pit will try the t-shirt after that.

Lin :)

Deleted User
Sadly our little dog has lost his sight in the last fortnight, due to diabetes :cry: its heartbreaking watching him crash into things everywhere he goes.
Oh poor thing, hope he adjusts soon.

Lin

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
What a lovely colour coat she has. Hope she's feeling better now.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
from vast experience, all incisions and stitches look bad to start with. in a few weeks when stitches out and hair grown back it will all look better

the blind JRT, you could fabricate a "halo" from a collar and some wire (thin coat hanger). the idea is it puts a frame round the face so that hits obstacles first

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hope Lily feeling bit better today.(y)
Calion, hopefully in time your little dog will get used to furniture positions and settle to the change.:(
Our old lab now needs to bark at us when she needs help moving from certain positions.:(

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looks like the vet took the cautious approach and removed a lot of tissue from around the lump. Probably wise not to get it tested. What would you do differently if the test came back positive, other than worry?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Lily is feeling a LOT better today ... although she's more tired than normal as you'd expect and has a bit of a cough (due to the tube in ther throat) she's as feisty as ever ... someone came to the door this morning and by heck did Lily move to go and warn them of her presence! She also complained bitterly when hubby took the other 2 out for a walk so when he got back he had to take her for a little trot to the corner where she did her ablutions (she likes to go there!) and once he'd cleaned it up she was happy to just come back ... I think she just wanted to show the neighbourhood dogs that she was still 'on patrol'!!! :sneaky:

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
pleased to hear she's getting on ok (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I nearly too her back to the vet this afternoon ... to have her mush stitched shut! By hell did she make a racket when hubby took the other two out ... 'screaming' the place down ... you'd have thought there was murder going on!

She's booked into the vet tomorrow for a check up so I'll see if she's allowed out for a potter on the field with the others (on a lead of course) otherwise I'll be taking the others out and HE can stay at home with the wailing banshee!!!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
very vocal staffie girls, dont you just love them

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
very vocal staffie girls, dont you just love them
Better go to Specsavers ... she's a Patterale Terrier! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What a lovely colour coat she has. Hope she's feeling better now.
She's a beautiful coloured coat, sometimes it has a 'golden' tinge and sometimes its quite dark ... usually when I'm trying to find her and calling her name then see that she's laid on the chocolate coloured bean-bag in the lounge next to me!!:D

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Look sorry if this post gets up yer nose ,but from past experience!!
Get it tested! It's a lump! You say it's from a past injection, So are you a vet?
Our Goldie had a lump, the vet we were using cut it out, when we asked, "It's just a lump"

Finally took her to another Vet, too late! it had spread to all her organs, we had to make the horrible decision then and there, to end it! No time to cuddle! no time to say goodbye!

16 years later STILL pissing me off!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi Rangi, not getting up my nose at all, and happy to hear your honest opinion - obviously we are not vets but we are 99.99% certain it was the injection that caused it and so is the vet so we're not going to worry about it, if however it had just 'occured' for no apparent reason at all we might have had it tested.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back