Damaged wing mirror - suggestions please (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
While on holiday last week in North Yorkshire, some dipstick of a van driver (white van man rather than MH) driving well over the white line, knocked our wing mirror and smashed the back plastic cover. Thankfully the electrics and mirror are still fine but we obviously need to get it repaired/replaced.
Its a 2008 Swift Bolero on Fiat Ducato 2.3 base. As this was our first main holiday away in our MH, we're not sure how to proceed. Our motorhome dealer does not repair wing mirrors as there are so many different types apparently and suggested we contact a local Fiat main dealer.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
It depends on how bad the damage is but you might get away with fitting some mirror guards to hide the damage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It depends on how bad the damage is but you might get away with fitting some mirror guards to hide the damage
My thought exactly, we did have those fitted when the same happened to us, we glued the mirror guards, popped them back on over the damaged black plastic,we traded it in like that,the dealer knew about it, luckily the hit didn't break the Orange indicator glass.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I had mine hit and I bought a pair of mirror guards - they worked a treat. Cost ÂŁ110 but cheaper and much easier to fit than a new wing mirror.

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
hi. try motor factors. gsf . German Swedish French... euro car parts. or any in your local area. yellow pages or internet..see if you can get a pattern part. half the the cost of genuine. we use them all the time. good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
For a quick fix tape a black plastic bin liner over where the casing is missing to give you more time to source the part without water damaging the gubbins in there. (y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Milenco Mirror Protectors are another possible option - they are about half the price of the original Mirror Guards:

Broken Link Removed

Not as heavy or robust as the Mirror Guards, but VERY easy to fit and remove - they work for us.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back