Off to the Peak District 1st week of November... (1 Viewer)

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Staying at Chatsworth CC site and would appreciate help/advice re best places to visit and/or cosy pub/restaurants, etc. And am I ok to drive my 25' motorhome around the Peak District or should I think about alternative transport means. Thanks in advance.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
if you want to go to Bakewell park in the Farmer Auction Mart , drive over the bridge towards the main buildings and park on left for £1 over night 5 min walk into town .,

Walk or cycle the Monsal trail just up the hill on the other side of the auction mart

OP
OP
TeeCee

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers Suggy......In your profile pic..is that a beach where your van is parked?..If so..where? TeeCee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I too am off to the Peak District for a few days but know very little about the area

Can anyone provide me details of some motorhome friendly places to visit (villages, castles/stately homes, scenic walks, locations of natural beauty etc)

Also we like to wild camp/park so any locations off the beaten track or alternatively any country pubs where we can eat and overnight would be great

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Qjuite a few britstops in the area, lovely pubs and restaurants in Castleton. Nice Italian in Baslow walkable from C/C site ,but at that time of year would visit at lunchtime....dark nights etc.plus lots more eateries.If you like walking Chatsworth park is the place to be, not sure when the Xmas festivities start but the house is beautifully decorated with a theme...think it's Wind in the Willows this year. The Farm shop is worth a visit and cafe does excellent meals.
As well as Chatsworth we have Haddon Hall on the A6 and Hardwick Hall just off the A6175.Don't forget the plague village of Eyam and Robin Hoods mate Little John who is buried in Hathersage Churchyard allegedly. Anything else just pm me.(y)

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Chatsworth Christmas market is
12/29 November.
We are booked on the CC site for the 1st weekend:)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Chatsworth Christmas market is
12/29 November.
We are booked on the CC site for the 1st weekend:)

Broken Link Removed
Still plenty happening...The actual season starts 7th and finishes 3rd January. They start decorating the house and preparing all the wreaths etc from beginning of November. It really is all very interesting, but Chatsworth........ so comes at a cost :D

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Hartington village. Car park on village edge but parking on street probably more suitable and likely to be available this time of year.
Try Ilam in Dovedale, NT house and estate nice, NT car park has grass verges but some are steep and also low hanging trees but with care you can park there also.
Good advice on bakewell above and well worth visiting.
Peak district was our second trip out in our m/h and we had no difficulties driving and parking.

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We have just spent 5 nights at Chatsworth. I can also recommend the Italian restaurant ( went there twice). The farm shop is also very good ( may be a problem parking a big motorhome there) someone else walked there, we cycled (uphill going, quick decent coming back). It is also on the bus route to Bakewell if you don't want to drive there, with a service every hour during the day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back