2014 Hymer Exsis i xenon headlights (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Has anyone adjusted the headlights for driving in Europe and is it easy to do?I believe there is a lever on the back of each light.
I ask because I have not even looked at the back of them and thinking will it be easy enough to do whilst in the tunnel as there is only about 30 mins tops to do it.
Many thanks in anticipation of lots of advice

Alan

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
if your not driving at night just change them anytime. @lennyhb has an exsis model, when he sees this he will respond as they are in Greece at the moment

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
if your not driving at night just change them anytime. @lennyhb has an exsis model, when he sees this he will respond as they are in Greece at the moment
Unfortunately we are travelling late although only probably going to Gravelines or somewhere close to tunnel for nights lay up before heading for Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'll check it out and report thanks.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If like mine, take the rubber cover off the back of the headlight, there is a lever to flatten the beam. I used my phone to photograph the back so I could work out where it is.

once done leave it that way i think?

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well Ithink it's already done as it was imported this year and the headlights rear fogs and speedo had to be sorted to comply with Brit regs.
SO I WILL LEAVE WELL ALONE
Thanks for all the replys I won't worry about it any more.:clap2::drink:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Well Ithink it's already done as it was imported this year and the headlights rear fogs and speedo had to be sorted to comply with Brit regs.
SO I WILL LEAVE WELL ALONE
Thanks for all the replys I won't worry about it any more.:clap2::drink:

just drive up to a wall/garage door and you should be able to tell

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Has anyone adjusted the headlights for driving in Europe and is it easy to do?I believe there is a lever on the back of each light.
I ask because I have not even looked at the back of them and thinking will it be easy enough to do whilst in the tunnel as there is only about 30 mins tops to do it.
Many thanks in anticipation of lots of advice

Alan
Don't bother they are LHD headlamps the leaver adjusts from from right kick up to flat dipping, I leave mine on flat dipping, hardly notice the difference.If you do want to do it take rubber cover off the back of the dipped beam unit and push the little leaver over, wear a long sleeve shirt the grp bonnet edge is very sharp.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Don't bother they are LHD headlamps the leaver adjusts from from right kick up to flat dipping, I leave mine on flat dipping, hardly notice the difference.If you do want to do it take rubber cover off the back of the dipped beam unit and push the little leaver over, wear a long sleeve shirt the grp bonnet edge is very sharp.
Thanks Lenny I'm gonna leave them there ain't a lot of room in the engine compartment is there?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back