To all Solo (1 Viewer)

L

looking

Deleted User
Hi every one,I am a 72 year old straight male, been motorhoming for 40 years off and on.I dont have a motorhome at the moment for a number of reasons, but I miss it and would still like to do it. So is there any one out there that would consider takeing a companion on a sharing all expenses trip.Dont mind were we go or when.I would be willing to meet up before you say yes or no, so we could get to know each other a bit, It is much more fun if you can share it with some one so why not give it a try.
Warm regards George. (looking)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi George,

Welcome to Fun, there is a solo/singles section in here somewhere, havent a clue how you get in it though.

Keep posting and add to the the wit that goes on in here and join in the Fun.

Peter

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi every one,I am a 72 year old straight male, been motorhoming for 40 years off and on.I dont have a motorhome at the moment for a number of reasons, but I miss it and would still like to do it. So is there any one out there that would consider takeing a companion on a sharing all expenses trip.Dont mind were we go or when.
You stick in here with the rest of the board George.
The solo singles don't like to mingle with us lot! Very private domain......no telling what kind of things go on in there......it's all very secretive and hush hush! Not only must you have a password which is only 'granted' after you've been 'interrogated'.....rumour has it they give these strange handshakes. :winky:

Best stay where normality reigns (well......at least it does most of the time :roflmto:)

Welcome aboard George! :thumb:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Good luck George (no takers on the US then?)

Bullet guy... there's a meet in London that should suit you.... it's on the secret list but wth ...

it's at the locks at Bow :ROFLMAO:

btw it's 'solo' not so low :Doh:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Will someone please put Bulletguy out of his agony and give me the ok to give him the password to the solo section... I will get a tiny bit stressed with any more of these digs... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Will someone please put Bulletguy out of his agony and give me the ok to give him the password to the solo section... I will get a tiny bit stressed with any more of these digs... :)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Its really got to him hasn't it. I'm not giving it to him.:roflmto::roflmto: Don't offer it he will only say loudly that he does not want it. Even though we know he really does:winky::winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi George, I am sorry, that your thread got hijacked. Bulletguy does not agree that there should be a solo section, that's his right. However he does not have the right to hijack and politicise your thread. :RollEyes:

:note: If anyone want to moan or dig at the new solo section there are threads about it, or you could always PM me if my box is not full. :Smile:

To all subsequent posters here, please keep this thread on topic; its about finding. George a travelling partner. :Smile: Welcome to the fun George, I hope you are travelling again soon::bigsmile:

Starseeker

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Wales.
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
5 years
Hi George,

I`m divorced to and don`t like holidaying on my own, a solution possibly.... i have a campervan and a small caravan,now i was thinking i could put a tow bar on my campervan and pull the caravan,we could toss a coin who gets to stay in either the caravan or campervan,who knows we might find a couple of spare birds.I`m 57 and live in South Wales,its only a suggestion,but perhaps an answer to loneliness.

Ric.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
*gives funny handshake to George & Ric*

Seems a great idea Ric, I am solo but have another 15 yrs to retirement.............hope to retire sooner (funds prevailing)

You would be welcome to tag along with me if you can wait 15yrs mate. :thumb:

Boo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
You stick in here with the rest of the board George.
The solo singles don't like to mingle with us lot! Very private domain......no telling what kind of things go on in there......it's all very secretive and hush hush! Not only must you have a password which is only 'granted' after you've been 'interrogated'.....rumour has it they give these strange handshakes. :winky:

Best stay where normality reigns (well......at least it does most of the time :roflmto:)

Welcome aboard George! :thumb:

i have solo status and now very content.:winky:

Stick in there George and welcome to the site.

I make it to most of the meets and you status is of no interest to the Funster as you yourself are a Funster now ::bigsmile:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
i have solo status and now very content.:winky:
So do i. Don't need a password either! :roflmto:

Contented divorcee with cash now finally piling up in my Bank.

Here you go George.....Starseekers already invited you out on a date and you haven't even had to be interrogated by the SS (Solo Singles) :winky:.

Told you to stick around on the normal board. :thumb:

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi George welcome to Fun, l wish l was not a solo but thats life, l lost my wife last year,
theres a few of us on Fun in the same position and thats what the forums about, but u get the very odd Funster who is devorced and when you read there posts you wonder why dont let them put you off there the odd ones, Paul

OP
OP
L

looking

Deleted User
Hi George,

I`m divorced to and don`t like holidaying on my own, a solution possibly.... i have a campervan and a small caravan,now i was thinking i could put a tow bar on my campervan and pull the caravan,we could toss a coin who gets to stay in either the caravan or campervan,who knows we might find a couple of spare birds.I`m 57 and live in South Wales,its only a suggestion,but perhaps an answer to loneliness.

Ric.
Hi starseeker, thanks for your offer sounds good, if you put a towbar on what would it cost, I would be willing to help, what did you have in mind about travelling, couple of weeks or months.If we did get together it would be good to meet up first and then do a couple of weeks to see how we got on, where are you thinking of going and when.
I love life and enjoy it, but miss travelling, I enjoy new thing and meeting people so please let me know when next you are going away for a holiday. I have had a great weekend, just canoed up the stour river with my son 24 miles in 2 days, it was bloody great.
All the best, looking.
George

OP
OP
L

looking

Deleted User
Hi George welcome to Fun, l wish l was not a solo but thats life, l lost my wife last year,
theres a few of us on Fun in the same position and thats what the forums about, but u get the very odd Funster who is devorced and when you read there posts you wonder why dont let them put you off there the odd ones, Paul

Hi there paul, Sorry to hear you lost your wife, I am one of the dievorced, it happend 12 years ago now. But I have never been happer in my life. I dont want ever to remarry but I do enjoy the company of ladys. But then again I enjoy meeting people of all ages and trying any thing new. I beleave that life it for the living and as you get older you need to enjoy it now as there may not be a tomorrow. Do you full time or just holidays, hope we meet up one day, all the best George, looking

Starseeker

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Wales.
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
5 years
Hi George,

Had a few estimates for a tow bar and they come in between 90 and 110 pounds.One guy reckoned my campervan was too underpowered to tow even a small caravan like i have,its an Avondale Wren,my campervan has a diesel engine of 1929 cc,i`ll check his assumptions,to see if he is correct.

I`m going to Ledbury next Sunday,to the Landrover meet they`re holding in Eastnor Castle,then travelling around the area for a few days,if you fancy going i`ll meet you there,other solo`s are going,so you won`t feel left out.

Ric.

OP
OP
L

looking

Deleted User
looking

Hi George,

Ric.
Hi Ric, I dont know if you got my last message,I am having trouble finding my way around this web, Would like to talk to you about your offer can you send me a em on,

boyblue1946@hotmail.co.uk

I will then get back to you. please em me even if you have changed your mind. I will then know you got mine.
regards George

OP
OP
L

looking

Deleted User
Hi George,

Ric.
Hi Ric,Sorry have not got back sooner but I just got you last message,still trying to get used to working a computer,some times think i would have been better stopping with a pen. Any way thanks for getting back,sounds a bit of a no go if your van is not big enough to pull your caravan.pitty I can not see away round it can you, I am a bit too old for tenting and there is no way I can get a van, and even if I could I dont have any were to keep it.I park my car about 200 yards from the house as you can not get up to it.Dont get too much trouble with the cars but a motorhome/campervan I think would be too much to chanes it. Stay well and keep in touch, George

Starseeker

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Wales.
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
5 years
Hi George,

Sent you an e-mail Saturday,have you looked in your inbox?,these computers do take some getting used to,its easy after some practise though.

I should have checked in more detail to see if my campervan would pull my caravan,before i wrote that original post to you,sorry about that.Have you thought of buying a small campervan,you could use it for your normal transport then as well.

Don`t know your parking arangements,or the area you live,but it does`nt have to be an expensive campervan,its what you feel comfortable with, at the end of the day.

Ric.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back