• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Hymer B Class (1 Viewer)

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Updated due to earlier stupidity ☺
A well cared for mid to early noughties either LTD or RHD. I've been watching all the usual places, ebay, gumtree, preloved and autotrader but so far nothing has inspired me with much confidence. My budget is in the £15-25k range but I could be tempted higher (or lower) if a bargain is to be had ☺

I would also consider a similar make.

Happy to take my time.

Any leads gratefully received!

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This one is being sold by somebody on Motorhome Facts,
1997 2.5Td LHD Hymer E-510 100,000miles fully serviced on a regular basis, full service history. New tyres, New wheel bearings,New water pump, New fuel pump, New cam belt change. . . . The list goes on !
Twin roof mounted solar panels, twin 110Ah leisure batteries, Truma boiler feeding blown air heating & hot water system. Generous drop-down double bed + 6ft long day settee which slides out to 3rd (single) bed. Shower cubicle in bathroom with Thetford swivel base wc fitted with 'sog like' extraction unit.
Generous wardrobe & shoe rack. All habitation lighting is power saving LED's. 3burner gas hob.
Large underslung (70litre) LPG tank.
Oh blimey, off the top of my head I can't think what more to add, - oh yes, New 3 way Dometic fridge 14months ago

£13.750 ono (prefer private sale not dealers)
hymervic@gmail.co.uk

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
1997 2.5Td LHD Hymer E-510 100,000miles fully serviced on a regular basis, full service history. New tyres, New wheel bearings,New water pump, New fuel pump, New cam belt change. . . . The list goes on !
Twin roof mounted solar panels, twin 110Ah leisure batteries, Truma boiler feeding blown air heating & hot water system. Generous drop-down double bed + 6ft long day settee which slides out to 3rd (single) bed. Shower cubicle in bathroom with Thetford swivel base wc fitted with 'sog like' extraction unit.
Generous wardrobe & shoe rack. All habitation lighting is power saving LED's. 3burner gas hob.
Oh blimey, off the top of my head I can't think what more to add, - oh yes, New 3 way Dometic fridge 14months ago

hymervic@gmail.co.uk
Thanks Manic, I will have a look straight away. Looks very interesting☺

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
probably the best bargain B class you`ll ever get....

/http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/hymer-b-class.116456/

I was quite excited about this one and was due to view it today. But when the owner started testing it yesterday he had a boiler failure. So its being looked at today.

He's not having much luck at the moment ..... but I was very grateful to him for not having a wasted 700 mile round trip. Hopefully it's not too serious and may be back on the market soon.

Thanks anyway

Last edited:
OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I had a look at the import option but I came to the conclusion that for my size of budget any savings would largely be offset by the inconvenience. Also I prefer to "recycle" a van from an existing owner than go down the Trade route.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I had a look at the import option but I came to the conclusion that for my size of budget any savings would largely be offset by the inconvenience. Also I prefer to "recycle" a van from an existing owner than go down the Trade route.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

Fine but just look at the prices..you can get a budget flight out in the morning and be back the same day if in a rush, at last with trade you get a warranty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Fine but just look at the prices..you can get a budget flight out in the morning and be back the same day if in a rush, at last with trade you get a warranty
I'm sure it makes sense for some people, I just came to the conclusion it wasn't for me.

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I've needed to up the size of the van required as I've realised with all the equipment to carry a garage is required. ..see edited op

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I view

hymervic@gmail.co.uk
I viewed this van and I loved it but also unfortunately realised I needed something bigger. Thanks anyway, great lead!

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
our rapido is for sale, not sure what layout or base vehicle you are after, ours is a merc chassis a class
have a look in the for sale section

Karl

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
our rapido is for sale, not sure what layout or base vehicle you are after, ours is a merc chassis a class
have a look in the for sale section

Karl
That's a very nice looking van ☺ I will let you know if it all goes bits up.

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
An update to my journey!

Shortly after beginning my search for a Hymer I realised that I would struggle with storage on the smaller vans.

That prompted me to start looking at ones with garages which in turn lead me to increase my budget. I found a very nice S740 which I felt was good value but was also aware it was considerably bigger and more expensive than I has originally planned.

But the problem I faced was not so much the van itself but the seller. I found it tough going and struggled to trust him even though there was no obvious reason not to more than usual. Let's just say I was a "nervous" buyer. Whilst the larger budget might have had something to do with that, in truth had the van been owned by the person I did buy from or from some other sellers along the way I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

In the end I decided to buy a cheaper, older B594 which is an ideal starter van. While not ideal for storage (in my case) the layout with its small rear lounge does allow me more storage options.

All's well that ends well as they say. I will be picking it up over the weekend and look forward to taking it into the wild!

I should also add that I've met and spoken to quite a few people and almost without exception I've found every Hymer enthusiast very helpful. One man in particular helped on a virtual daily basis as a sounding board and has been great. He has a very nice Hymer for sale btw, unfortunately for me it was the wrong layout. Pm me for details if you are looking.

Thanks to all!

PS - How model age specific are silver screens?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
nice of you to come back and round your search up...

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I think you will find that they are not very age specific, a photo would help and of cause the actual age.
I think you will find that they are not very age specific, a photo would help and of cause the actual age.

The van is a 1995 and the screen is coming from a 2006 model. A bit of a gap, what do you think?

Broken Link Removed

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Looking at your photo it looks like it has a rail on top of the windscreen for the silver screens to fit and the 2006 type wouldn't have that, so I'm not sure about fit.

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Looking at your photo it looks like it has a rail on top of the windscreen for the silver screens to fit and the 2006 type wouldn't have that, so I'm not sure about fit.

Broken Link Removed

It's a current eBay listing....... wondering if I should risk it ☺

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Broken Link Removed

It's a current eBay listing....... wondering if I should risk it ☺

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back