Indigo Paris - Bois de Boulogne (1 Viewer)

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Hello

I'm thinking of staying here for a couple of days next month so that SWMBO and I can take in the sights of Paris: Broken Link Removed

Any thoughts please? Ease of getting to it, do we need to book in advance during October?

Thanks.

KH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I notice it has a supplement for double axle caravans.. €32 :eek:

wonder if it applies to tag axle motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Our first trip across the channel was to there. A bit tricky to find when I'd forgotten to load detailed French mapping.

So we collapsed into the restaurant and steak and frites and a litre of house red later we were really happy.

Great place, now improved since our first visit. Bus by the door drops you off at the Metro. Pretty big I'd be surprised if full in October.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Very large and a bit impersonal but, for visiting Paris, can't be beaten.

Pitches are generally of good size though you may have to walk around to find the right one with a large outfit. After the end of September I wouldn't think you will have any problem.

Hook ups and water points OK but, at the time of our visit, the M/ H point was filthy with loo paper and worse around the area. Wasn't cleaned by camp staff during our four day visit.

As above, you can take camp site bus from directly outside the gates. It doesn't run between noon and 3pm as I remember but you can catch a service bus about 400 metres away at any time.

Didn't try the camp restaurant as it was closed during our visit in December last year.

Have a good trip.

Cynigy

Free Member
Sep 8, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapids 786F
Exp
Since March 2005
We've used this site loads of times over the years, at various times of year, never any problems.

Signposted from the Porte Maillot exit on the periferique, if you keep your eyes peeled (as with all French signposting!).

Bus number 244 from 'les Moulins' nearby takes you to Porte Maillot where you can change buses or catch a metro. I wouldn't advise driving the motor home into central Paris, although I know of one or two people who have done so...

Nige

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Stayed a 4 or 5 of years ago, reception was hopeless, had to wait over an hour in a queue and then got allocated a pitch with broken down car in it! Wife went and complained and told, (after another lengthy wait) pitch where you like, just come back and tell us which one. Got a nice big one with grey drainage and black across the road. :)
Good for Paris, never tried the restaurant.

Ian

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
We've used this site loads of times over the years, at various times of year, never any problems.

Signposted from the Porte Maillot exit on the periferique, if you keep your eyes peeled (as with all French signposting!).

Bus number 244 from 'les Moulins' nearby takes you to Porte Maillot where you can change buses or catch a metro. I wouldn't advise driving the motor home into central Paris, although I know of one or two people who have done so...

Nige
I have avoided driving my M/H through Paris but, thirty years ago I was the idiotic Brit who, while towing a caravan, turned the wrong way onto the round-a-bout at the Arc de Triumph. Not a good idea!:eek:

Cynigy

Free Member
Sep 8, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapids 786F
Exp
Since March 2005
It's under new ownership now, Olley.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I have avoided driving my M/H through Paris but, thirty years ago I was the idiotic Brit who, while towing a caravan, turned the wrong way onto the round-a-bout at the Arc de Triumph. Not a good idea!:eek:

Having circulated the Arc many times (mostly in a coach) I would have loved to see that! Have taken the M/H through a few times but never stopped in the centre - it's next to impossible to park a car let alone 7m of motorhome.

No, take the Metro, cheap and simple. Interesting fact for you - inside the Periferique there is no building further than 500m from a Metro station!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We stayed there many years ago simply because of it's location, we then used our bikes to ride into the centre and it was much better than bus/walking simply because the main attractions are quite a distance from each other so riding the bikes to them meant we could cover the ground in between much quicker and made it less tiring.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Last edited:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Ooops !!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back