Trees in a motor home (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
After experiencing some terrific gales in France last week we met a couple who had the full force thrown at them.
They collected there brand new Carthago AClass from a french dealer three weeks ago and we're on route to Portugal for the winter. During a severe night storm a very large tree decided to enter there van through the roof. It totally trapped them in bed and a tree surgeon had to dismantle the uninvited guest with his chainsaw from inside the van. The roof was on the floor inside the van and the devistation was unbelievable.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How awful for them. Hope neither of them were badly injured. They must be gutted but hopefully the insurance will sort it quickly.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
After experiencing some terrific gales in France last week we met a couple who had the full force thrown at them.
They collected there brand new Carthago AClass from a french dealer three weeks ago and we're on route to Portugal for the winter. During a severe night storm a very large tree decided to enter there van through the roof. It totally trapped them in bed and a tree surgeon had to dismantle the uninvited guest with his chainsaw from inside the van. The roof was on the floor inside the van and the devistation was unbelievable.

In our motorhome twos company trees a crowd ..........

Il get me coat....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I hope they got out ok ???

Most of the dents in my previous van were due to trees.... and I note a lot of European campsites have them. First thing I was told in the scouts was dont camp under trees, second thing was make sure you dont get allocated next to the tent flaps......

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Sounds like they barked in the wrong place!
Seriously what a terrible experience,hope they are OK although clearly the new van is not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Sure you heard the right story. They could have been having a treesome in there new motorhome.

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
So top tip for newbies is to have a chainsaw readily available? Also comes in handy for a Zombie attack too I suppose!!!!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Nothing like branching out on the first trip .
I hope they kept a log of it all :)
Still i expect the insurance wood chip in with recovery .to be fir
Were they French or from Barking ?
:imoutahere:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back